Eichel to the NY Rangers?

Ruff Around The Edges

45 minutes ago, Thorny said:

😍

It has to be said:  if they sign Jesper Fast, and if he's really good, you will have earned a big, fat, juicy "I told you so" to everyone here.

The men of the Night's Watch are keeping an eye on this.

30 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

We're cleaning out the UFAs and going right back into FA to restock.  It's gonna be interesting.

Simmonds, Sobotka, Vesey, Frolik, Hunwick, maybe even Larsson and Girgensens.  Massive turnover and it starts on Friday at 12pm EST.

I think both are gone.

21 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Not going back to look, but was it Harrington?

edit: It was Mike Pachla from Hockeybuzz.

Thank you sir.  That seems quite fitting actually.

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Mike Zeisberger from NHL.com was on. Seemed tight with Adams.

Was that the dude?

No -- IKP has it a bit upthread -- but Zeisbarger was certainly a hearty fellow too.

• Like (+1) 1

If Adams signs Fast I will reveal myself as Kevyn Adams. 

Day 1 - Be more like Kevyn Adams

Day 2 - Be more Kevyn Adams

Day 3 - Be Kevyn Adams

Day 4 - Kevyn Adams

Day 5 - Pick up dry-cleaning 

Edited by Thorny

Having now watched the entire presser, I agree with @dudacek's assessment upthread that KA didn't really make any firm statements on anything.

I would add that I can see why TP likes him -- he's got that earnest, aw-shucks, clean-cut but competitive and (hopefully) smart quality that Brandon Beane and McD have.

He might be the right guy.  We'll see.

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Here's the burning question I'm left with after watching the first 8 min of the presser:  is @john wawrow  better dressed or worse dressed than the average SabreSpacer at this point in the quarantine?

With all due respect, I don't think that is the question.  (Although I might guess equal).   The real question is how can you show up to an external Zoom call with the GM of the Sabres in your f*c&ing bath robe, T-shirt and looking completely unkempt.   It's not April 5th and your first Zoom meeting amigo.  It's October 5th, and surely you must have developed some guidelines for these type of meetings.  I have plenty of days where I can join an internal call (not on camera) and dressed in lounge wear.  However if I showed up to a business call looking like that I can guarantee I would be reprimanded.  Nor would I disrespect my Customers by doing so. Unacceptable!

jw.thumb.JPG.9d6b8a3de2f2c736862b9d87d0727c00.JPG

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

With all due respect, I don't think that is the question.  (Although I might guess equal).   The real question is how can you show up to an external Zoom call with the GM of the Sabres in your f*c&ing bath robe, T-shirt and looking completely unkempt.   It's not April 5th and your first Zoom meeting amigo.  It's October 5th, and surely you must have developed some guidelines for these type of meetings.  I have plenty of days where I can join an internal call (not on camera) and dressed in lounge wear.  However if I showed up to a business call looking like that I can guarantee I would be reprimanded.  Nor would I disrespect my Customers by doing so. Unacceptable!

That still has a real "Basement Internet Troll" aesthetic nailed, LOL. (No disrespect to John, this is COVID, anything goes)

Are those Hammy's trophies from when he was a Pee-Wee hockey star?   I'm going with the ONLY acceptable hardware for a former player over the age of 60 in their "DIG ME" room is National Championship (collegiate) or some kind of professional All-star/Selke/Cy Young-like award.   Jesus - can't these guys take a call from their kitchen or dining room? 

PH.thumb.JPG.5bf6bea4d5d7a29228b7d1038a1ec982.JPG