Eichel to the NY Rangers?

Ruff Around The Edges

13 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

The perpetual rebuild. 

I could see this being true. He very well has let management know this is what he wants but it doesn't say he would ask for a trade just that talks then might heat up. Anyway if we , I hope, won't be out of it at deadline time.

• Like (+1) 1

The buzzards are circling.

The only way to get them to scatter is to ice a good, competitive team that stays in contention for the entire season and gives Eichel and everyone else confidence in the organization.  Until then, there will be more of this, not less.

In the meantime, it's a major challenge for RK to keep everyone focused and positive, and for KA to find the right guys and convince them to come here.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

The buzzards are circling.

The only way to get them to scatter is to ice a good, competitive team that stays in contention for the entire season and gives Eichel and everyone else confidence in the organization.  Until then, there will be more of this, not less.

In the meantime, it's a major challenge for RK to keep everyone focused and positive, and for KA to find the right guys and convince them to come here.

Yes, and if a "world class" leadership guru can't rise to the task then Botterill made 1 additional mistake.

42 minutes ago, steveoath said:

From dreger- allegedly.

Screenshot_20200930-180436_Instagram.jpg

lol what garbage is this? WTF is NHLBenchside? If Dreger said this why is NO ONE else reporting it. Because he didn't and this is clickbait garbage. 

25 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

SMOKE!

Lol if you believe that source you'll believe anything. 

28 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

lol what garbage is this? WTF is NHLBenchside? If Dreger said this why is NO ONE else reporting it. Because he didn't and this is clickbait garbage. 

Lol if you believe that source you'll believe anything. 

yeah, man - i want blue check mark corroboration that dreger said that.

Welp?

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Or there's a problem some where above?

Not sure where you're going w/ this.  The comment was that it could be difficult to stay positive & focused.  Keeping their people focused with a positive mindset; THAT is something leaders do - especially those that are world class.

He might not have the horses he needs, but he darn sure better have the team focused and in the right mindset.  Pretty sure he'll accomplish that; if he doesn't, he can hit the bricks.

I hope the convo went like this:

Jack: I hear you want an internal cap. Are you looking to rebuild?

Pegula mouth piece: No we are not looking to rebuild

Jack: If the team still sucks and you didn't maximise every available resource, including money, to fix it, I am out.

Pegula mouth piece: Yes fam. We will spend to the cap

9 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

I'm not even sure what Jack could mean by not wanting to rebuild.  The team sucks and it's exactly what we're about to do.

No, it’s not. Like at all.

Sabres trading away or not signing a few players while at the same time acquiring a few players to play on the Sabres does not constitute a rebuild. If that was the case, every team in the league rebuilds yearly.

21 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

No, it’s not. Like at all.

Sabres trading away or not signing a few players while at the same time acquiring a few players to play on the Sabres does not constitute a rebuild. If that was the case, every team in the league rebuilds yearly.

I would characterize the sabres as halfway through a rebuild starting with when they drafted jack. 

I think the sabres are a solid, consistent goalie and a more defensive minded defenseman away from making the playoffs. I think the defenseman needs to have good size and not afraid to hit people. 

Obviously they will need to replace staal as a too 6 center after he leaves/retires. 

The addition of staal is huge to the sabres. I think he will make a big difference 

Edited by miles
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, miles said:

The addition of staal is huge to the sabres. I think he will make a big difference 

I agree, it will be a big retirement ceremony before the first home game. 

Im kidding and I agree. He will be a positive role model for Jack.

Edited by SABRES 0311

17 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Likely happened huh? Has it been confirmed that NYR actually made an offer? I understood it as NYR called and asked if Eichel is available/open to offers. Full stop. Nothing beyond that question.

I read that there was an offer but don't remember where and not going to hunt for it. I have also read (although this one is possibly less absolute) that the Bruins also made an offer involving picks Carlo and DeBrusk but it was nowhere close enough and was also dependent on Krejci waiving his no trade so it could be a bunch of hooey. 

You have to think that IF (stress IF) the Sabres were even remotely considering moving him for a reboot this would be the time to do it. The next season could be a lost year and dodgy at best so its a good reboot moment IF you had a desire to cut costs totally and go that way. Eichel's no trade also comes in 2022 so right now they control things and he is at maximum trade value after last year. Fan anger and time to get over it would be best served now, rather than when things are back to normal . 

It's possible, that's all I'm saying. Not probable, possible. 

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

Not sure where you're going w/ this.  The comment was that it could be difficult to stay positive & focused.  Keeping their people focused with a positive mindset; THAT is something leaders do - especially those that are world class.

He might not have the horses he needs, but he darn sure better have the team focused and in the right mindset.  Pretty sure he'll accomplish that; if he doesn't, he can hit the bricks.

The only real constant with the Sabres problems the last 9yrs is the owners.

That's where I was going with it. One GM wasn't the mistake nor made the only mistake.

Other than that... I agree with you.

17 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I read that there was an offer but don't remember where and not going to hunt for it. I have also read (although this one is possibly less absolute) that the Bruins also made an offer involving picks Carlo and DeBrusk but it was nowhere close enough and was also dependent on Krejci waiving his no trade so it could be a bunch of hooey. 

You have to think that IF (stress IF) the Sabres were even remotely considering moving him for a reboot this would be the time to do it. The next season could be a lost year and dodgy at best so its a good reboot moment IF you had a desire to cut costs totally and go that way. Eichel's no trade also comes in 2022 so right now they control things and he is at maximum trade value after last year. Fan anger and time to get over it would be best served now, rather than when things are back to normal . 

It's possible, that's all I'm saying. Not probable, possible. 

Yea well you do you 👍🏼

Until I can see/read a confirmed rock solid report that an offer was actually made. (Not some Twitter sports geek with no rep), I choose to believe no actual offer was made for Eichel. Just teams asking teams if player X is available. No big deal. Never was.