Eichel to the NY Rangers?

Ruff Around The Edges

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Believe what you want but this was the dumbest set of tweets Bob may have ever tweeted out. NHL team calls other NHL team about player and they say no. End of story. 

And yet he started a rumor and then proceeded to meander his way to saying it wasn't true. Completely unnecessarily. 

At  the end of the day Bob is out there to direct traffic to TSN.

Just now, WildCard said:

I thought McKenzie retired?

He can't retire.  He said he tried, but he couldn't.  He is active at least until the draft and free agency.

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea which makes it highly suspect. He basically started a tweet by suggesting Eichel might be traded and concluded the thread by saying it wasn't happening. It was complete trash beginning to end. His entire group of tweets amounted to "The Rangers called on Eichel and the Sabres aren't trading him." He manufactured drama and clearly did so deliberately. Otherwise he would have tweeted the Sabres part first instead of waiting 6-10 minutes or whatever it was to get to the ***** point.  

7 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Bob is very good at not cluttering the interwebs with junk.

He often tweets stuff in a string from start to finish if there was say 30 minutes of fact checking.  He seldom puts out a rumour then refutes it later.  He does his homework on a big story then puts it all out there in one shot, unless it is just a stand alone thing.

Yeah, I agree, which is why this is so strange.

Bob is very reputable, the most connected guy out there, and on the verge of retirement.  He didn’t tweet this just to stir the pot and get a few followers.  He doesn’t need that.  He did his homework before tweeting this out.

I guess the takeaway is just that he wanted fans to know that teams have called about Eichel.  Even if the Sabres haven’t shown interest in making a trade.  Not shocking with a new GM in charge that he might get calls just inquiring.  I suppose it is newsworthy though.

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

Yeah, I agree, which is why this is so strange.

Bob is very reputable, the most connected guy out there, and on the verge of retirement.  He didn’t tweet this just to stir the pot and get a few followers.  He doesn’t need that.  He did his homework before tweeting this out.

I guess the takeaway is just that he wanted fans to know that teams have called about Eichel.  Even if the Sabres haven’t shown interest in making a trade.  Not shocking with a new GM in charge that he might get calls just inquiring.  I suppose it is newsworthy though.

It isn't. I bet teams called on Mcdavid as well when things went down in Edmonton. I bet teams called on Barkov because of the changes in Florida. I bet teams will call Arizona about Hall and other players with the cluster ***** down there. I bet teams called NJD about Palmieri and probably even Hischier. None of that got reported in a series of tweets designed to make it look like it was possible Eichel was being traded.

Alan Rickman Shrug GIF

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Thorny said:

Eichel posted on Instagram about how happy he is that Bogo won a Cup. Makes sense, as they seem to be quite good friends. After the message from the Bogo side that it was more less agony being here and he was practically begging to get out, let's just say I'm just hoping it's not a common conversation between the two haha

""“I was like praying this season was going to resume for Zach’s sake, after all he’s been through and what he’s put himself through to get out of Buffalo,” Bianca said. “I was praying that he had the opportunity to play in the playoffs this season.”

Bianca Bogosian?

6 hours ago, GoPre said:

I  can’t believe I’m saying this.  Same here.  

I wonder how you and Radar have lasted this long. I honestly don't get the sentiment. Eichel is the one who will end your fandom?

• Thanks (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Between the supposed internal cap and this turdwaffle, it is clear someone on Adams team is leaking information. That should go over well. 

I think where there is smoke there is fire. They should choose between Eichel and Dahlin and pick one to build around. Since Jack is a bona fide star and Rasmus is still finding his way, it makes sense they'd move Jack.  Get cheaper and get everyone on the same trajectory.  Assuming they'd get Lafrenierre or a comparable piece. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not on board and may jump ship if this happens but it makes sense.  

15 minutes ago, inkman said:

I think where there is smoke there is fire. They should choose between Eichel and Dahlin and pick one to build around. Since Jack is a bona fide star and Rasmus is still finding his way, it makes sense they'd move Jack.  Get cheaper and get everyone on the same trajectory.  Assuming they'd get Lafrenierre or a comparable piece. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not on board and may jump ship if this happens but it makes sense.  

*****. No. 

It makes no sense and never has. This is the same bad logic used during the ROR trade. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Between the supposed internal cap and this turdwaffle, it is clear someone on Adams team is leaking information. That should go over well. 

It is not clear. This information could easily have come from people on the other end of these conversations.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Bianca Bogosian?

I wonder how you and Radar have lasted this long. I honestly don't get the sentiment. Eichel is the one who will end your fandom?

“, after all he’s been through and what he’s put himself through to get out of Buffalo” 

WTF is that supposed to mean?

45 minutes ago, inkman said:

It makes zero sense.

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

“, after all he’s been through and what he’s put himself through to get out of Buffalo” 

WTF is that supposed to mean?

It makes zero sense.

A lot of losing, and injuries/rehab.  Many players would just call it quits, its probably rather depressing and lonely.  Then when you come back you're immediately trade bait.  I don't blame buffalo either, he didn't do a thing when he was here other than cost a lot and be injured.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

*****. No. 

It makes no sense and never has. This is the same bad logic used during the ROR trade. 

"We have no intention" and "we're not looking to do anything" are weak statements, I'm sorry, they are.  They are NOT an unequivocal "no."  That sounds like "open for business" in GM speak.  Look, I'm not one to make a mountain out of a molehill but if Adams wanted to squash this once and for all, he'd say: "Jack Eichel isn't going anywhere.  He's a Sabre for life and we're going to build around him and win a Cup with him."  That is NOT what he said.  GMs choose their words carefully with this stuff and based on that quote, Eichel can definitely be acquired for the right price.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1