Seattle Expansion Thread

GASabresIUFAN

On 11/2/2020 at 4:02 PM, Thorny said:

Should we get a points projection thread up, considering there's a reasonable chance we are looking at more or less the final roster? We are sitting in ~ early August right now in a regular season, training camps would be maybe a month away. Or is it still too soon? Too high a likelihood of more changes rendering setting the thread up now meaningless? 

Apart from the divisions not being known as someone else noted, we still don't know how many games will be played.

Though we could obviously do it from an 82 game projection and prorate it from there.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Teams are still at or over the cap without all their guys signed. There will be another flurry of trades before the season starts and I would bet money that the NHLPA will have to agree to 1 compliance buyout to make this work. Otherwise, guys aren't getting paid. 

I think the owners would oppose that as it is money out of their pockets immediately.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/22/2020 at 12:20 PM, Ducky said:

Not sure where to put this so I put it here.

What does the protected list look like for the expansion draft?

There has been a thread for that Q, but no idea where it's at.  (Skimmed the 1st 5 pages & didn't notice it.)

Most likely:

Eichel, Skinner, Reinhart, Olofsson, Thompson, Mittelstadt, & Girgensons.  Staal, [s]Skinner[/s] Hall, & Reider are UFAs & don't have to be protected.  Could see them protecting Asplund or Eakins instead of Z, but my guess is it is either him or somebody else they pick up via trade as the 7th F.  IF Okposo's partial NMC forces him to be protected, then he's the 7th guy.

Dahlin, Jokiharju, & Ristolainen are the most likely 3 on D.  Montour, McCabe, & Irwin are all UFAs so don't need to be protected.  Miller or Pilut is most likely the guy Seattle takes, though they could go off the board & take 1 of the Ra-cha-cha D or a goalie.

Protected goalie probably isn't on the roster yet as Ullmark is a UFA after this season.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 11/22/2020 at 2:12 PM, Taro T said:

There has been a thread for that Q, but no idea where it's at.  (Skimmed the 1st 5 pages & didn't notice it.)

Most likely:

Eichel, Skinner, Reinhart, Olofsson, Thompson, Mittelstadt, & Girgensons.  Staal, Skinner, & Reider are UFAs & don't have to be protected.  Could see them protecting Asplund or Eakins instead of Z, but my guess is it is either him or somebody else they pick up via trade as the 7th F.  IF Okposo's partial NMC forces him to be protected, then he's the 7th guy.

Dahlin, Jokiharju, & Ristolainen are the most likely 3 on D.  Montour, McCabe, & Irwin are all UFAs so don't need to be protected.  Miller or Pilut is most likely the guy Seattle takes, though they could go off the board & take 1 of the Ra-cha-cha D or a goalie.

Protected goalie probably isn't on the roster yet as Ullmark is a UFA after this season.

Can the team ask him to remove that clause in order to free up that 7th guy protection?

Let's face it Kyle isn't going any where for obvious reasons.

Edited by woods-racer

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

So are we done with moves? Is this it? Training camp (tentatively) is expected to start in 3 weeks

Maybe. There are a bunch of players not signed and a bunch of possible trades still lingering. I think once teams know when camp will start and when they will need to be cap compliant, we will see some moves. If you mean specifically Buffalo... unsure. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, woods-racer said:

Can the team ask him to remove that clause in order to free up that 7th guy protection?

Let's face it Kyle isn't going any where for obvious reasons.

IF they'd need him to (not positive that is the case) he would be able to voluntarily release the Sabres from protecting him.

4 hours ago, WildCard said:

So are we done with moves? Is this it? Training camp (tentatively) is expected to start in 3 weeks

Hard to say.  It's essentially late August & will remain that until start dates for camps & the regular season are announced.

Still expect to see 1-2 NHL moves by Adams & possibly some more moves to help the Amerks IF there is to be an AHL season of some sort.  (If the NHL goes to 4 bubble cities, would expect the AHL to do something likewise.  If the NHL allows fans at the discretion of their municipality like the NFL is doing, expect the AHL would follow suit with MLB type 3-4 game series between particular teams to minimize travel but possibly allowing teams that can't host fans being allowed to play in other cities this season (similar to what the Jays did to avoid crossing the border) or possibly allowing the visiting team to be designated the home team to get some fans in the barns that do allow fans.  If the NHL follows more of a MLB model w/ no fans, no idea whether the AHL would play as their TV packages are nearly non-existant.)

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 4:46 PM, Taro T said:

There's still too much a chance that a goalie is brought in & depending on who it is, he could alter the results by 8-12 points (assuming 82 games).  Which takes them from bubble to solid.  

Plus, we aren't certain whether the divisions will be changed, though can't see how they won't, nor whether teams will stay only in their division.  Getting TB (or the Caps) & Bahstan 12x each would be much different than facing a normalish schedule.

With the way the season will be crammed together, we will have to have two goalies going, and if Ullmark gets injured again, god help us. I sure hope they are trying to find another NHL caliber goalie. In the division we are in we will sink real fast if Hutton is terrible again. 

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe this was a glitch, a mistake, or an oversight. 
What happened here? I was keeping a record of everything KA has done in one convenient post. It’s ... gone?? Many posters appreciated the quick glance format of what he’s done.

Should I make a new thread again so that info is easily viewed on the first post?  Mods please advise.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

What happened here? I was keeping a record of everything KA has done in one convenient post. It’s ... gone?? Many posters appreciated the quick glance format of what he’s done.

Should I make a new thread again so that info is easily viewed on the first post?  Mods please advise.

I can edit the title and you can then re-create your thread.

• Like (+1) 1

• GASabresIUFAN changed the title to Seattle Expansion Thread
1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Where did your thread go?  (Reporting your comment so someone might look into it.)

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I can edit the title and you can then re-create your thread.

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Where did your thread go?  (Reporting your comment so someone might look into it.)

Thanks!

I’ll wait to hear from a mod before creating a new one. Maybe they can find it and restore it back so I can edit the OP as Adams does things during his tenure. Worst case, I’ll create a new one.
Maybe if I create a new one, I won’t allow anyone to post. That way it’s only an informational thread for seeing what KA has done in totality. The “discussions” can be done in the individual threads posters make of every individual thing he does do.. . just a thought ...

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

What was the topic called? I looked through all of your topics that you have posted and I looked through all of the deleted content recently, and I have not found anything. Deleted content gets removed after one month. How long has it been missing?

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

What was the topic called? I looked through all of your topics that you have posted and I looked through all of the deleted content recently, and I have not found anything. Deleted content gets removed after one month. How long has it been missing?

Hello. I JUST noticed it yesterday. So I’m not sure how long it’s gone missing. But it’s weird. The thread title stayed. But it turned into a Seattle expansion thread that GA made. Then today, GA noticed that and changed the title to reflect the Content. Again .... weird. 
should I recreate it?

thread title: a running record of everything Kevyn Adams has done ...

^ something like that 

Edited by Zamboni

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.