Seattle Expansion Thread

GASabresIUFAN

5 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I’ll add the players when it’s 100% clear they accepted them and will be in the organization. 👍🏼

What's Casey's QO #? He's the only one there that would even consider signing the QO but I could be wrong even on that. 

For the record, merely by tendering the QOs did we keep these players as "our property", so they are in the organization, just not under contract. Can see why you don't want to list "tendered QO" for them, though. 

Edit - Casey's QO was about 874K, made base salary 832K last season before bonuses. 

Edited by Thorny

I guess we need to remember, the number one thing the Pegulas wanted was a GM that listened to them.  He's probably scoring off the charts with them.  

I never hated GMTM.  What's his worst move, trading a 1st for a goalie with mental health issues who walked?  Botterill sucker major mooseballs and Adams seems to be a significant step down from that.  

Is Jai Lai still a thing?  I gotta find something better to toil away the days and nights.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

But Girgensons gets 60% more.  I just...I'm reaching a breaking point here.  

I've reached it. Could care less about any franchise owned by this guy. Pegula stick to development of the waterfront and community stuff but please get out of hockey.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Sheevyn's got to get something done for the top 6 (and preferably not losing Reino in the process and creating yet another top-6 hole) or at this rate his Order 66 will be his own purge.

His job was to carry out the purge which I had no problem with. I'm not sure what he's doing now or better what he's not doing is following the owners dictates.

27 minutes ago, Radar said:

His job was to carry out the purge which I had no problem with. I'm not sure what he's doing now or better what he's not doing is following the owners dictates.

He's the GM and each one gets at least 2 seasons to remake the team in the image they want. So... we haven't really seen a Sheevyn team on the ice yet. But right now it feels a lot like a JBot team.

7 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

He's the GM and each one gets at least 2 seasons to remake the team in the image they want. So... we haven't really seen a Sheevyn team on the ice yet. But right now it feels a lot like a JBot team.

Worst actually

Let us face facts: because of how the Sabres executed The Tank, how impatient GMTM was, and how bad GMJB was, the Sabres have to pay 50% more to get 50% less than other teams.  Eichel and Dahlin are idiots if they don't force their way out now.

You who wanted to tank earned this.  You wanted losing to be the mindset and a habit, so here you are.  No excuses about ROR et al.: deliberate losing begot habitual losing.  I hope you are all spending 50% more on Sabres merchandise to show your pride.  Congratulations.

2 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Let us face facts: because of how the Sabres executed The Tank, how impatient GMTM was, and how bad GMJB was, the Sabres have to pay 50% more to get 50% less than other teams.  Eichel and Dahlin are idiots if they don't force their way out now.

You who wanted to tank earned this.  You wanted losing to be the mindset and a habit, so here you are.  No excuses about ROR et al.: deliberate losing begot habitual losing.  I hope you are all spending 50% more on Sabres merchandise to show your pride.  Congratulations.

I never get this logic about the tank. A tank doesn't create a mindset of losing that endures. You get rid of everybody and get a superstar and you have only one direction to go and that's up. Toronto tanked successfully. Ottawa looks to have done it now. The problem is never the tank, it's how you draft and what you do after the tank that matters. We drafted for crap and traded poorly and signed the wrong FAs. bad management simple as that. Rookie GMs given blank slates and cocking it all up. 

A team made up of young inexperienced players cannot, by definition have a mindset of being a loser. They learn to lose on that team. They came here winners. We broke them.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I never get this logic about the tank. A tank doesn't create a mindset of losing that endures. You get rid of everybody and get a superstar and you have only one direction to go and that's up. Toronto tanked successfully. Ottawa looks to have done it now. The problem is never the tank, it's how you draft and what you do after the tank that matters. We drafted for crap and traded poorly and signed the wrong FAs. bad management simple as that. Rookie GMs given blank slates and cocking it all up. 

A team made up of young inexperienced players cannot, by definition have a mindset of being a loser. They learn to lose on that team. They came here winners. We broke them.  

The blame is on the owners for continually  screwing up the hires. Kadams is just the latest in a long line of first time GMs. It isn’t working Terry. Its all on you.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.