Seattle Expansion Thread

GASabresIUFAN

28 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yeah, that's not happening.  But am fairly certain somebody w/ more time on their hands WILL track that down for us.  The peeps o n this site are usually helpful that way.

18 minutes ago, steveoath said:

June 17th....

https://t.co/q5HyJUoJL3

20200920_225436.jpg

Told ya, Zamboni.  😉

Knew somebody would come through.

Thanks, Steve.  🍺

• Like (+1) 1

Initiate scrolling text… What fictions do we have thus far?

2011 - Senators Amigula and T'Peg secretly begin construction of "The Well", a super-powerful device that's doomed to repeatedly be built, and therefore repeatedly be destroyed, by plucky rebels.

2011-13 Kheevyn serves as Assistant Coach Junior Senator. After destruction of a few iterations of The Well, Kheevyn begins gaining the trust of the Senators by embracing Clone (a.k.a. Video Scouting) and other technologies in an effort to make the franchise more Effective, Efficient, and Economical.

2020 - At the request of Amigula, accompanies the franchise on an road interplanetary trip. Requests a Vote of No Confidence for the current Supreme Chancellor General Manager.

2020 6/16 - Senators Amigula and T'Peg approve the No Confidence vote and name Kheevyn as GM as part of the EEE plan. Executes Order 1: The Great JBott Academy Purge. Video calls show him slaughtering Taylor, who coaches the Younglings. The Phantom Menace Coup is complete.

2020 7/31 – Order 2: Signs Brett Murray

2020 8/18 – Order 3: Names Sith Appert new coach of the Younglings.

2020 9/16 – Order 4: Trade Federation negotiations turn “aggressive” yielding C Eric Staal

(Beware, 40 years from now we’re going to learn his future death was faked and he’s responsible for moving the franchise to Exegol.)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Add the Lazar deal

The deal is so small it's evading our turbolazars. (But don't worry, I've noted it.)

On 9/23/2020 at 10:06 PM, SDS said:

Keeping a running tally is fine, but this topic should not be used as catch-all for everything that is done. 

9:38 AM - GM Kheevyn dons menacing black robes. Cackles in amusement.
9:40 AM - GM Kheevyn brushes teeth. Spits angrily. Gets a bit of toothpaste foam on cuff of robe. Embraces anger.
9:43 AM - GM Kheevyn doffs black robes. Dons clean black robes. Cackles and gets ready to work the phones.

• Like (+1) 2

So how about we accompany this with a running account of immediate reactions?

Is the following fair?

On 9/20/2020 at 2:08 PM, Zamboni said:

Oct. 7th 2020 ... Sabres fail to qualify Dominik Kahun

There better be a contract or another move coming, this is a braindead move if he walks for free.

Oct. 7th 2020 ... Sabres draft Jack Quinn, John Jason Peterka, Matteo Constantini, Albert Lyckasen, Jakub Konecny

Noooo!!!!! We don’t hate Quinn, but Rossi is a stud and he fell into our laps. We like Perterka and shrug at the rest

Oct. 7th 2020 ... Sabres sign Jonas Johansson to a one-year deal. $700,000.

A collective yawn

Oct. 5th 2020 ... Sabres sign Tage Thompson to a three-year deal. $1.4 million per.

Something like “he hasn’t earned that deal yet, but it could become a bargain”

Oct. 2nd 2020 ... Sabres sign Andrew Oglevie to a two-year, two-way. $750,000 per.

shrug

Sept. 24th 2020 ... Sabres sign Curtis Lazar to a two year deal. $800,000 per.

Good deal for that player

Sept.16th 2020 ... Sabres Acquire Center Eric Staal from Wild for Marcus Johansson.

The better player AND the better contract? And we fill a huge roster hole? Nicely done!

August 14th 2020 ... Seth Appert Hired as Amerks HC/Adam Mair and Mike Weber Named Asst Coaches

Whatever? There was nothing wrong with Taylor, and of course they hired guys guys from next door.

June 17th 2020 ... bloodletting day. Too many to list. See Steveoath post, this page.

The Pegula’s are cheap and clueless. We were bad enough with scouts, now we have nobody.

Edited by dudacek

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

So how about we accompany this with a running account of immediate reactions?

Is the following fair?

I’m gonna leave reactions to the individual threads about those moves. I just wanted to document the actual trade, draft, signing, hiring, etc. When the Kahun issue actually gets finalized (signed/not signed), I’ll add it. Right now Kahun seems in limbo as to what the Sabres/Kahun will ultimately do. Hopefully he signs with the Sabres. If those QO’s get signed by anyone, I’ll add those.

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Tell me who to add ... and I will 👍🏼

Unless you mean ... in the coming days ... in that case ... I plan on it. 😬

Here you go...

This afternoon, the Buffalo Sabres announced that six pending restricted free-agents had received qualifying-offers from the team. Sam Reinhart, Brandon Montour, Casey Mittelstadt, Lawrence Pilut, Victor Olofsson, and Linus Ullmark were all tendered their QO’s before today’s deadline.

Still looking for the list of RFA's who were not extended an offer...other than Kahun.

[edited]Here are the guys that did not receive a QO..

Remi Elie, Brandon Hickey, Dominik Kahun, and Matthew Spencer were all not extended a qualifying offer. The team could still sign them when free agency opens.

Edited by LabattBlue

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Here you go...

This afternoon, the Buffalo Sabres announced that six pending restricted free-agents had received qualifying-offers from the team. Sam Reinhart, Brandon Montour, Casey Mittelstadt, Lawrence Pilut, Victor Olofsson, and Linus Ullmark were all tendered their QO’s before today’s deadline.

Still looking for the list of RFA's who were not extended an offer...other than Kahun.

They received qualifying offers. They didn’t accept the offers... yet. Or am I wrong? They have until the 18th to Accept or reject them. Right?

Edited by Zamboni

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.