Cozens takes aim at WJC repeat, Sabres roster spot and a moose

Eleven

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Not seeing that COVID stuff anywhere...? Maybe it’s about the guys sent home a day or two ago...?

They just posted the scrimmage results. Quinn had a goal. Nothing in the report on Cozens, although Dach was on his line and Dach had four points.

Sorry don’t have a link but it was on hockey feed and from tsn’s Ryan Rishaug. Bombshell report was how it was titled. Basically said 6 Canadian hopefulls with covid-19. Also said entire teams may end up dropping out of the 10 team tourny. Not to be an alarmist but thats what it said. That would suck.

Edited by bunomatic

8 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Sorry don’t have a link but it was on hockey feed and from tsn’s Ryan Rishaug. Bombshell report was how it was titled. Basically said 6 Canadian hopefulls with covid-19. Also said entire teams may end up dropping out of the 10 team tourny. Not to be an alarmist but thats what it said. That would suck.

Can’t find it at Tsn ? Maybe I got played ? Anyways hope its not true. That would truly suck.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

He survived another round of cuts 

That's cool, but expected.  He's been pencilled into the 2nd line on 1 of the 2 intrasquad teams.  Those guys almost always make it, but when they don't its in the very last round of cuts.

Am expecting he'll make the team, but will still hold my breath reading the listing of the final roster. 😉

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I think the odds were less than 50% coming in. Making it bodes well. 

Really?

Guess my blue & gold glasses were especially glare resistant then.  Oooops.

But that doesn't change that he's been 2nd line on his squad for at least a couple if not more scrimmages.  The guys getting that kind of a look are usually being sized up for just how big of a role to have, not just whether or not they even have a role.

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Really?

Guess my blue & gold glasses were especially glare resistant then.  Oooops.

But that doesn't change that he's been 2nd line on his squad for at least a couple if not more scrimmages.  The guys getting that kind of a look are usually being sized up for just how big of a role to have, not just whether or not they even have a role.

It was my perception from all I read, could be wrong, and he definitely wasn't a "long shot" - but I think he was probably in a situation where he had to beat out a few guys who were more so "penciled in". And purely from an odds standpoint - I think there were more vying candidates than truly open spots. Quinn to me is still building up his reputation, to me it looks pretty noteworthy if he makes the team. Would be a solidly positive sign to me. 

Whereas, say Cozens - it's just expected. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Quinn didn’t play with the big boys early.

He was with Rees and Suzuki in game one and started with them in game two. They put him with Byfield in the 3rd period of game 2 and that’s where he looked best. They added Krebs to that unit last night, and that’s a unit that could easily be their second line if shows chemistry. I didn’t see that game. Tourigny complimented both Quinn and Krebs after the game.

The thing is, Byfield has not stood out. He’s yet to get a point in three scrimmages.

The big news today?

Quinn is listed on Cozens right side, with Dach on the left.

Game starts at 5 pm Pacific and it sounds like there might be a feed.

EDIT: or not. The website says “follow along” but there is no link.

Maybe they’re just posting updates.

Edited by dudacek

13 minutes ago, Curt said:

Yeah, that’s his OHL head coach.  I would be very surprised if Quinn doesn’t make the team, because his coach will be the guy picking the players.  Quinn is “his guy”.

I would have been surprised even with out that to some degree. Quinn is one of the few true RW on the roster and also can be used in any situation. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I would have been surprised even with out that to some degree. Quinn is one of the few true RW on the roster and also can be used in any situation. 

They honestly may have invited fewer RWs to camp to begin with because they knew from the start that Quinn was a near lock.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.