Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Sabres Acquire Center Eric Staal from Wild for Marcus Johansson

11 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Go Leafs!

See now THIS, on a Sabres board I do find offensive (even if in gest) . 

I think the Pegula's have been crap owners and they know nothing about hockey, but f*ck the leafs forever. 

7 hours ago, dudacek said:

Come on man, we got donuts and Celine Dion don't live around here any more.

Excuse me, we have doughnuts. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

in fairness, if he knew the trade was coming beforehand due to his presumably being friends with Adams, the Wild would be getting some drafts picks from the Sabres as compensation for tampering.

Well true, obviously, but he seems to know nothing about Buffalo so they obviously haven't had any long friend to friend chats. I'm just saying I don't think their friendship, at whatever level it's at, had anything to do with the trade. It may have influenced Adams interest though, no differently than when JBot got players he knew from the Pens. A new GM feeling more comfortable with what he knows better. That's all. 

I'll grab some blow from here in Salvador and send to Terry, Mayne it'll waken him up a bit

We need our owners... WOKE 😂😜

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 7+6=13 said:

So you come here to make fun of and poop on yourself?

You're welcome to enjoy to try to enjoy the team however you see fit.  The Sabres organization right now is a corpse and all of us are at the wake.  I assume you've been to a wake before.  There will be some people at a wake who recount pleasant happy memories and tell wonderful stories about the deceased, there will be some who are desperately hoping it's all a prank and the deceased will leap out of the casket at any moment, there are some who will look at the deceased and say things like "They look good", there are some who will cry and make emotional declarations, and there will be some people who try to cope with the situation by making themselves, and possibly some others, laugh by making jokes and being inappropriate.  Figure out which person you are.  I know which one I am.  Go hang out at whichever part of the wake makes you the most comfortable it really doesn't concern me. When I say my posts aren't made for you I genuinely mean that.  When I post in a topic asking whether I believe in Mitts or Thompson it's going to be a smart alecky response of some nature because the fact that those are probably our top two prospects not named Dylan Cozens is truly sad.  Making a joke out of distracts me from the fact that our prospect pool is trash and that in and of itself means that the wake will be longer.  Most of the posts I make are trying to make light of a situation that is such an ongoing mess that if you don't make fun of it it's just beyond bleak.

I don't post for you. I post for myself. If you find value in my posts and they help you get through your day that's fine.  If you don't, well I guess that's just too bad because I'm going to keep doing it. You're welcome to make use of the ignore button and go stand in a different corner of the funeral home. You be a Sabres fan however you want to and I'll do the same.  Thanks.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

15 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Maybe I didn't want to piss is in anyone's Cheerios. I try to emulate your positivity and good cheer.

The trade didn't do much for me. Kind of on the fence. I didn't post until I saw the video.

Actually I DID, to generally give Adams the benefit of the doubt. But your weird, longstanding and intensely personal vendetta against me didn't allow you to see it.

I'll wait for the apology.

I don't have vendettas against you or anyone else.

I will point out that you always see the bottom side of the coin.  Always.

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Excuse me, we have doughnuts. 

Shh... We're trying to convince him to come.

Tell him its an honor and we want him to play center.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Eleven said:

Not true, but so what? What's it to ya? And if I need some kind of intervention, it's hilarious that you're the one always trying to lead the way.

(Obvious example: I was an early and maybe the first adopter of Krueger, while most others were Debbie Downers. I still think he's the best hope for a turnaround. I tried to have a little fun with a nickname, and the board management chose to auto correct it to his full title and name.)

Edited by PASabreFan

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Not true, but so what? What's it to ya? And if I need some kind of intervention, it's hilarious that you're the one always trying to lead the way.

(Obvious example: I was an early and maybe the first adopter of Krueger, while most others were Debbie Downers. I still think he's the best hope for a turnaround. I tried to have a little fun with a nickname, and the board management chose to auto correct it to his full title and name.)

RaKru!!

22 hours ago, Eleven said:

Generally speaking, the bottom side of the coin has more detail and is equal in value to the top.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/19/2020 at 3:40 PM, Curt said:

If you don’t know who is getting pooped on, maybe the poops on you.

Weak

Follow the dialogue properly or butt out.

23 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

You're welcome to enjoy to try to enjoy the team however you see fit.  The Sabres organization right now is a corpse and all of us are at the wake.  I assume you've been to a wake before.  There will be some people at a wake who recount pleasant happy memories and tell wonderful stories about the deceased, there will be some who are desperately hoping it's all a prank and the deceased will leap out of the casket at any moment, there are some who will look at the deceased and say things like "They look good", there are some who will cry and make emotional declarations, and there will be some people who try to cope with the situation by making themselves, and possibly some others, laugh by making jokes and being inappropriate.  Figure out which person you are.  I know which one I am.  Go hang out at whichever part of the wake makes you the most comfortable it really doesn't concern me. When I say my posts aren't made for you I genuinely mean that.  When I post in a topic asking whether I believe in Mitts or Thompson it's going to be a smart alecky response of some nature because the fact that those are probably our top two prospects not named Dylan Cozens is truly sad.  Making a joke out of distracts me from the fact that our prospect pool is trash and that in and of itself means that the wake will be longer.  Most of the posts I make are trying to make light of a situation that is such an ongoing mess that if you don't make fun of it it's just beyond bleak.

I don't post for you. I post for myself. If you find value in my posts and they help you get through your day that's fine.  If you don't, well I guess that's just too bad because I'm going to keep doing it. You're welcome to make use of the ignore button and go stand in a different corner of the funeral home. You be a Sabres fan however you want to and I'll do the same.  Thanks.

That's pretty embarrassing, IMO.  You go to funerals (using your analogy and words), to make fun of and poop on the deceased?

Edited by 7+6=13

8 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

Weak

I followed.  How about you just leave the person alone???  Poops on you.

23 hours ago, Eleven said:

Um, no.

It's not his fault that both sides of the coin have been tails for almost a decade.

29 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

Weak

That's pretty embarrassing, IMO.  You go to funerals (using your analogy and words), to make fun of and poop on the deceased?

Bye.

26 minutes ago, Curt said:

I followed.  How about you just leave the person alone???  Poops on you.

You're not acting like a 1C if that helps.

18 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Let's chill out a bit in here please.

We had frost on our front lawn this morning.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Anyone seen any comments from Johanson on the trade? I've seen Staal stuff but nothing from Marcus anywhere not even on Minnesota sites. Just curious. 

Minnesota fan sites range from indifferent to unhappy. 

18 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Anyone seen any comments from Johanson on the trade? I've seen Staal stuff but nothing from Marcus anywhere not even on Minnesota sites. Just curious. 

Maybe he just vanished into thin air! Maybe he never even existed!

22 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

https://www.nhl.com/wild/video/johansson-joins-familiar-mn-faces/t-277437412/c-5416884

• Like (+1) 2

Just reading up on Staal and looks like we could see a few milestones (if things go well).

Currently he has 436g, 585a in 1240 games.

I'd be hoping to see goal number 450, and 600th assist this year. Possiblt 1300 nhl games too depending on the length of this season. 

Go Sabres