Sabres Acquire Center Eric Staal from Wild for Marcus Johansson

Brawndo

3 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Wow.,.this is a real positive post.

I think his attitude is some what justified, a little extreme maybe. But hey, it leads to discussion. What happened to "Hockey Heaven"? 

It's a new season coming up and I know I'll be full of hope/excitement again just like every year. We'll see if I still have it 20 games into the season.

His attitude is somewhat justified for sure. I'm as unhappy with the team's performance as anyone. I'm not particularly happy with the owners performance either. It with me isn't a personal agenda against a person or persons. I hope the team is successful and if that's under this owner of not I could care less. I think it matters to PA.

It’s a little like marking the migratory path of birds. Now and then, a group of board regulars sincerely question @PASabreFan’s fandom, sanity, etc.

There’s no bigger fan of the franchise on this board. You may not care for how he goes about it, but that’s just a matter of personal taste.

I haven’t seen the Staal videos or heard any interviews. I’ll have a look/listen and then chime in on whether he appears like a laid back professional or a guy thinking of retiring rather than going to Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 5

Or you can choose to ignore or scroll past certain posters posts. Not take them seriously. Know agenda when you see it. I try to implement that often. I don’t always succeed 😂

On the topic of Staal, I’ll be happy when he produces points for the Sabres. Anything else ... I couldn’t care less about him. 

Edited by Zamboni

1 hour ago, Radar said:

His attitude is somewhat justified for sure. I'm as unhappy with the team's performance as anyone. I'm not particularly happy with the owners performance either. It with me isn't a personal agenda against a person or persons. I hope the team is successful and if that's under this owner of not I could care less. I think it matters to PA.

With me, I like it when people take the opposite side and will sometimes take it upon myself to argue it's existence intentionally. This is not to be combative but, instead to show people that there is another side to many things. Sometimes we all get caught up on looking through a monocle and only see one side. It doesn't mean that they have to except what they see through the other eye, only allows for further examination.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Finally I'm on record several times saying the Sabres had close to the perfect owner, if only he would squash his hockey ego, developed in Olean according to my sources when he was involved in youth hockey, an ego that lets him believe he can run an NHL team.

Go Leafs!

I'm curious about the first part.

The second part needs to burn in fire until only ashes remain and then be cremated into fine air particles. 

On 9/19/2020 at 7:21 AM, Radar said:

I'm still waiting for the Sabres to win a Cup (or any title) under Terry so I can face this dreadful choice. I look forward to that day.

AND... I remain, I think, the only SSer who ever sent the man a Christmas card.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Finally I'm on record several times saying the Sabres had close to the perfect owner, if only he would squash his hockey ego, developed in Olean according to my sources when he was involved in youth hockey, an ego that lets him believe he can run an NHL team.

And I hold the board record for positive assertions that this franchise is destined to win a Cup.

The vast majority of my posts aren't about Terry.

Come to a GDT thread.

Go Leafs!

You had me until the Go Leafs part. Gtfo here with that!

I have no issue with your posts in general. But eff the Leafs 😛

18 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Honestly, why would any player be instantly happy about being traded to Buffalo? 

The only question is will he like it when he gets here.

The one thing that does come across is that all that earlier talk about Adams and him being friends is meaningless. He clearly had no idea the trade was happening and it caught him off guard. 

in fairness, if he knew the trade was coming beforehand due to his presumably being friends with Adams, the Wild would be getting some drafts picks from the Sabres as compensation for tampering.

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

We don’t want you.  Our border is closed😜

If PA was super loaded with $ he could get an exemption like some other dinks.

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

In summary, the one thing people want to read less than me talking about Terry again is people talking about me talking about Terry again.

Hey, PA ... WE LOVE YOU!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Go Leafs!

See now THIS, on a Sabres board I do find offensive (even if in gest) . 

I think the Pegula's have been crap owners and they know nothing about hockey, but f*ck the leafs forever. 

7 hours ago, dudacek said:

Come on man, we got donuts and Celine Dion don't live around here any more.

Excuse me, we have doughnuts. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

in fairness, if he knew the trade was coming beforehand due to his presumably being friends with Adams, the Wild would be getting some drafts picks from the Sabres as compensation for tampering.

Well true, obviously, but he seems to know nothing about Buffalo so they obviously haven't had any long friend to friend chats. I'm just saying I don't think their friendship, at whatever level it's at, had anything to do with the trade. It may have influenced Adams interest though, no differently than when JBot got players he knew from the Pens. A new GM feeling more comfortable with what he knows better. That's all. 

15 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Maybe I didn't want to piss is in anyone's Cheerios. I try to emulate your positivity and good cheer.

The trade didn't do much for me. Kind of on the fence. I didn't post until I saw the video.

Actually I DID, to generally give Adams the benefit of the doubt. But your weird, longstanding and intensely personal vendetta against me didn't allow you to see it.

I'll wait for the apology.

I don't have vendettas against you or anyone else.

I will point out that you always see the bottom side of the coin.  Always.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.