GM Kevyn Adams - More Moves Coming Soon?

GASabresIUFAN

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Can someone send out a search party for our new GM.  Apparently only other teams can improve themselves for next season during the playoffs

There have only been 2 trades. I wouldn't have traded that for Kapanen. 

Allen I wonder if we were in on but the price was to high or we want someone better. 

Other than that what is he supposed to have done? 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Can someone send out a search party for our new GM.  Apparently only other teams can improve themselves for next season during the playoffs

Why prematurely make deals when trade options are limited compared to when the playoffs are concluded and when there will be more options? Just because Buffalo hasn't made any deals right now doesn't mean that our GM isn't communicating with teams out of the playoffs and even with teams in the playoffs to work on proposed deals. I would rather have a full menu of options than a partial menu of options. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

Yeah… Right now early September… I am not the least bit nervous concerned or worried what Adams is or isn’t doing in regards to the roster that won’t start training camp for a few months. once the Stanley Cup gets awarded… I think a lot more things will open up as far as opportunities. Then I hope of course that he takes advantage of that.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don't remember starting a thread.  

That said, do something, anything, just to let us know you are still breathing Mr. Adams.

There was an article in the Athletic a few days ago that quoted sources high up in sabres organization that goaltending was not a priority this offseason.  2C was the priority.  I hope Adams is not relying on some quack to fix Hutton's "vision" problems.  Hutton sucks but they are stuck paying him.

15 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Yeah… Right now early September… I am not the least bit nervous concerned or worried what Adams is or isn’t doing in regards to the roster that won’t start training camp for a few months. once the Stanley Cup gets awarded… I think a lot more things will open up as far as opportunities. Then I hope of course that he takes advantage of that.

If I'm a new GM I'm doing everything I can to make a deal that management wants, and will gain some respect around the league.  Doesn't have to be a lopsided deal, just big. Or at least a deal moving a player the previous administration couldn't pull off.  And I want to do it ASAP so it gives me something substantive to discuss with other GMs so I can develop some sort of rapport in an time when face-to-face contact is limited.  

That said, I don't want him to pull the trigger on a deal to just make a deal or else he loses credibility.  He's had more than enough time to observe the league and FO and develop a strategy for this organization.  All we can hope for at this point is that he isn't sitting on his hands hoping someone is going to help him out and he's out there making it happen.  But if I'm Kvn Dms I'm working to my own internal clock and it's getting close to crunch time...

Just now, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

But if I'm Kvn Dms I'm working to my own internal clock and it's getting close to crunch time...

And until he starts taking vowels seriously he gets none in his name...

36 minutes ago, freester said:

There was an article in the Athletic a few days ago that quoted sources high up in sabres organization that goaltending was not a priority this offseason.  2C was the priority.  I hope Adams is not relying on some quack to fix Hutton's "vision" problems.  Hutton sucks but they are stuck paying him.

if goaltending is not a top priority then I don't know what to think....well i do but it's frustrating

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nucci said:

if goaltending is not a top priority then I don't know what to think....well i do but it's frustrating

What's also worrisome is that Corey Pronman is not that high on UPL as a goaltending prospect as others are.  Some people on the board have coronated him the next Hasek.  UPL has proven nothing in the AHL.  Lets hope he dominates in Rochester this year and there is reason for optimism.

6 minutes ago, freester said:

What's also worrisome is that Corey Pronman is not that high on UPL as a goaltending prospect as others are.  Some people on the board have coronated him the next Hasek.  UPL has proven nothing in the AHL.  Lets hope he dominates in Rochester this year and there is reason for optimism.

That one fan that I’ve seen anywhere has called him “the next Hasek“.

could you provide any quotes from any posters here or other forums that say anything about him being “the next Hasek”

Me personally I still view him as a developing goalie prospect. And 9 times out of 10, good goalie prospects take several years before they develop enough to make the NHL for me… UPL is developing fine and right where I expected him to be at this stage of his development.

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don't remember starting a thread.  

This is known as alcoholism.  Welcome to the club. 

31 minutes ago, freester said:

Guessing you don't visit Amerks threads?  We've been highly critical of him since his call up. 

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

This is known as alcoholism.  Welcome to the club. 

Guessing you don't visit Amerks threads?  We've been highly critical of him since his call up. 

My point is if we don't address goaltending whereby we acquire a legitimate #1 goalie and Ullmark is the backup, than we are sure to be back in the lottery again.  Hutton does not belong in the NHL.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SDS said:

I split out your post from a closed topic.

Then the thread does belong to you.

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don't [seem to] remember [ever] starting a thread. 

Very interesting....     We'd better read some responses. The Sabrespacer posters will soon be back... and in greater numbers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.