Domi or Anderson

sweetlou

I would rather have Anderson, although I agree that he won't come cheap, either in trade assets or in the contract he'll want.  And I think CBJ would only trade him to save cap space, so they won't be interested in Montour or Risto.

Maybe Mittlestadt, a #2 pick and Borgen or Samuelsson for Anderson?

16 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

A trade for either won't fix us without additional signings because contrary to what people want every year nobody's going to trade us good players for some load of crap you guys want off the roster. To get guys like this you will have to give up decent players and thus create new holes in the roster. 

So I'd argue the most net-value is to be found in trading for players who provide 2-way ability but with less of that value reflected in the traditional be-all end-all metric of points, perhaps players who don't inflate their totals with empty calorie PP points. Trades where the Net is strong because we give up much less and don't create the holes you speak of.

More - acquire Copp for futures and keep Reinhart

and less - upgrade Reinhart to Monahan

Edited by Thorny

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So I'd argue the most net-value is to be found in trading for players who provide 2-way ability but with less of that value reflected in the traditional be-all end-all metric of points, perhaps players who don't inflate their totals with empty calorie PP points. Trades where the Net is strong because we give up much less and don't create the holes you speak of.

More - acquire Copp for futures and keep Reinhart

and less - upgrade Reinhart to Monahan

what futures? trade away draft picks? Not a great way to build a franchise as Murray demonstrated. 

otherwise I do agree on the net value idea. 

Edited by PerreaultForever

Anderson.  Fits a need, and physical.  I will still continue to state, that Domi is a TERRIBLE FIT.  He's as much a center as Johnansson is.  I think Anderson is more realistically available at a realistic piece(s). 

Edited by TheCerebral1

On 9/4/2020 at 10:54 AM, nfreeman said:

I would rather have Anderson, although I agree that he won't come cheap, either in trade assets or in the contract he'll want.  And I think CBJ would only trade him to save cap space, so they won't be interested in Montour or Risto.

Maybe Mittlestadt, a #2 pick and Borgen or Samuelsson for Anderson?

Way too much for a guy who had 4 points in 26 games on a playoff team...I don't get the love for this injury prone headache of a 3rd liner.

Domi is the perfect fit...he can transition to the wing or to the 3C when Cozens is ready.

17 hours ago, sweetlou said:

I'd personally go for Anderson as he fits the true power foward with speed and grit that we can throw on Jack's RW.  If we keep Reinhart drop him to second line and let him drive a line with Cozens. I think Cozens can become the Sabres Cirelli in a few years. 

For an 8th overall pick, he needs to be better than Cirelli...he needs to be a 60-70 point player, not a 40-50 point player.

On 9/4/2020 at 8:32 PM, PerreaultForever said:

A trade for either won't fix us without additional signings because contrary to what people want every year nobody's going to trade us good players for some load of crap you guys want off the roster. To get guys like this you will have to give up decent players and thus create new holes in the roster. 

I read that Domi might only cost a 2nd round pick...which, if that is the case, would be a solid deal.

1 hour ago, OhMyDahlin said:

I read that Domi might only cost a 2nd round pick...which, if that is the case, would be a solid deal.

He's a slightly better Galchenyuk.  He has major holes in his game, is not a two way forward, adds additional inability to play two way hockey, doesn't draw well, isn't a true center, and is coming off a TERRIBLE season.  Oh and not to mention he's going to need a new contract.  Call me cynical on giving all of that a 5-6 year deal over 5M per season.  PASS.  Just what the Sabres need another soft, and he's also bitched about his playing time in two cities.  I didn't like Tie Domi, and I definitely do not favor Max.  Stay out of Buffalo. 

2 hours ago, OhMyDahlin said:

That's a deal I'd make in our situation but I doubt it's a possibility. Domi has denied he asked for a trade anyway so the whole thing might be a non issue. I agree though, he's not really a center but he would give us a pretty deep left side and a better 2nd PP unit. Stil gonna need that 2C though. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.