A song about RJ!!

ATL42

I keep listening to it. I can't find a reason to not love it. This song will be timeless. The only player mentions are Orr, Perreault and LaFontaine. The only calls referenced are Lalala and Top Shelf. It's a personal homage from a casual fan but a true Buffalonian. The past, the present, a future without Rick, it's all there.

If the Sabres don't bring Greg in to sing the song in the arena at some point, they are fools.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I keep listening to it. I can't find a reason to not love it. This song will be timeless. The only player mentions are Orr, Perreault and LaFontaine. The only calls referenced are Lalala and Top Shelf. It's a personal homage from a casual fan but a true Buffalonian. The past, the present, a future without Rick, it's all there.

If the Sabres don't bring Greg in to sing the song in the arena at some point, they are fools.

I told Greg that it has been getting a lot of play here.  I e-mailed it to the Sabres a few days ago.  Let's see if the marketing department has any brains.

https://makeagif.com/gif/brain-and-brain-what-is-brain-ll8qfv

28 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I told Greg that it has been getting a lot of play here.  I e-mailed it to the Sabres a few days ago.  Let's see if the marketing department has any brains.

https://makeagif.com/gif/brain-and-brain-what-is-brain-ll8qfv

Presumably this guy is from Buffalo.  So why is he talking/singing with an artificial southern twang? 

I guess its supposed to suit the flavor of the song.

Can't stand the artificially distressed nature of his guitar, but that's in vogue now.  

Anyway, he has some talent, and his heart is in the right place!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Presumably this guy is from Buffalo.  So why is he talking/singing with an artificial southern twang? 

I guess its supposed to suit the flavor of the song.

Can't stand the artificially distressed nature of his guitar, but that's in vogue now.  

Anyway, he has some talent, and his heart is in the right place!

He is from Buffalo.  He was in Austin for a while and lives in Boston now, which I think explains his accent.

He's had that guitar for at least 15 years, so it's distressed for a good reason.  😉

On 9/4/2020 at 1:43 PM, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

He is from Buffalo.  He was in Austin for a while and lives in Boston now, which I think explains his accent.

He's had that guitar for at least 15 years, so it's distressed for a good reason.  😉

A guitar doesn't look like that from gigging for 15 years.  

It's artificially distressed.  Not suggesting this guy isn't a hard working touring musician.

PS:  It's funny how the message of the song is "NHL hockey has completely passed me by, but I still miss RJ!"

I say funny because that song could be my personal theme.  Hockey has changed dramatically in my lifetime, and I used to enjoy a hell of a lot more; it was a completely different game in the '70s, '80s, and '90s.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.