2020 United States Presidential Election

LTS

I'm starting a thread for a discussion on what is bound to be viewed by historians of 2080 as one of the most critical points in American history.

So have at it in here.  Let's leave the Trump thread for discussing his work as President and not so much his election work and/or how Biden will work against him.

Trump v Biden

oh.. and Jorgensen.  But no one talks about the female candidate with a PhD who will also be on the ballot in all 50 states.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LTS said:

So have at it in here.  Let's leave the Trump thread for discussing his work as President and not so much his election work and/or how Biden will work against him.

Trump v Biden

Much like the sports v politics, that will be difficult because he is literally using the powers of his office to help him in the election. The lines are so blurred they barely exist in current america

16 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

Much like the sports v politics, that will be difficult because he is literally using the powers of his office to help him in the election. The lines are so blurred they barely exist in current america

It may be.  But the conversations in there are largely more about the election.  Perhaps its time to shut that one down so it migrates here.  People might avoid that thread simply because it's all about Trump.. or at least perceived to be.

Anyone else notice the several faked videos coming from prominent ppl in trump's campaign trying to make Biden look like he, 1) said something he didn't, 2) fell asleep in an interview which he didn't, 3) change a reporters question to make Biden fit their narrative, 4) edited out ppl to make it look like Biden was alone in his house. 

This isn't an election. It is an assault on the very fabric of the Republic. There's a big difference from 3rd parties making fake news and Donald Trump's campaign making it or at the least retweeting/sharing it. 

I keep saying it and I will say it again, we are in the endgame now. 

• 2 weeks later...

The chairman for the local Republican Party complained to the code officer that there was an ordinance that stated private land owners were not allowed to place political signs on their property until September 24. 

The code officer then went door to door making the property owners with Democratic signs and told them they had to remove them. The Trump signs it seems were deemed to not be political 

Lawyers were quickly involved and Mr. code guy has to go back to every house he originally visited and tell them to put their signs back up. I hadn’t gotten mine up yet before the censorship but rushed to make it so after all this. 

We decided to celebrate and make it a festive homegrown affair. I’m working on a homemade sign now. Last I knew I was living in a free country and am free to say whatever I want on my own ***** property.

1869433F-90F3-4BAA-834E-23DF30693B11.jpeg

Edited by Ogre
I’ve new to swipe text

Assume that was the Bloomfield code officer?

It's that kind of crap that is decaying our society. (well, one of many things of course).  It's disgusting just how readily political parties will erode 1A.  

9 hours ago, LTS said:

Assume that was the Bloomfield code officer?

It's that kind of crap that is decaying our society. (well, one of many things of course).  It's disgusting just how readily political parties will erode 1A.  

I was seething when I read the email. I live in the wide open. No homeowners association. I never signed a single document forfeiting my individual rights when the property became mine. 
 If anyone thinks they’re going to bully me, maybe make me scamper away, I have only one response.

Make me.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

In other news ...

President Carter turns 96 today.  

Say what you want about his Presidency, but I don't think anyone would say that President Carter is not a great human being and has done so much good in this world.

Trump and many others should take lessons from President Carter.

3 hours ago, Weave said:

The states should control their tributaries.  Look at the millions of gallons of fresh water Mississippi is letting escape from their control every minute.

Looking forward to the great SC/Georgia border war over control of the Savannah River. 

Babylon Bee, the source for this "story" is a well known satire site that makes fun of politics and other topics. So yes, Trump is that stupid and his mind is that warped that he clings to anything that helps preserve his literally insane world view. 

TrumpDumb.thumb.png.dd68f022f8d6e13597e6b530a318b893.png

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/24/2020 at 5:46 PM, drnkirishone said:

first day of early voting in new york and the location in Kenmore had a line wrapped around the building to start the day and 3/4th of the way around by 4:30pm

I voted yesterday, took me an hour and a half.  Poll machine I put my ballot in read 1677.  Polls open on Tuesday at noon.  There were 6 poll machines so by extrapolation approximately 10,000 in 4 hours. Polls have been open since Saturday.