OT: Buffalo-born Folkie - Ode to RJ

Marvin

Greg Klyma is a folk musician who grew up in Buffalo and now lives in Boston.  His YouTube video last night has a tribute to Rick Jenneret at 5:38.  He has the same feelings towards RJ that I had when I lived out of town.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

My expectations were low for this song. How could anyone truly do Rick justice? But Greg sure did. I'm not sure anyone's captured what Rick means to us quite this well.

Thanks Marvin! And please remove the OT from your subject line. This is as on-topic as we get.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

My expectations were low for this song. How could anyone truly do Rick justice? But Greg sure did. I'm not sure anyone's captured what Rick means to us quite this well.

Thanks Marvin! And please remove the OT from your subject line. This is as on-topic as we get.

Great take. I totally agree.

That was awesome.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Fantastic!!

I too loved Ted Darling when he was on TV and Rick was only on the radio.  A dynamic duo for sure.

Thanks @Marvin, Sabres Fan.

But do you recall when Ted did the first and third period and Rick did the second when road games weren't televised?

I am being told that Greg has told me he'll do the song live tonight shortly after eight on a live stream. On YT I presume.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

But do you recall when Ted did the first and third period and Rick did the second when road games weren't televised?

I am being told that Greg has told me he'll do the song live tonight shortly after eight on a live stream. On YT I presume.

Awesome!  Thanks, PA.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.