Rochester Americans 2020-21 Thread

Brawndo

Wow. Normally I can kind of keep up with the rosters...  But between COVID protocol lists, taxi squads, and the usual AHL/NHL injury attrition, the Amerks lineup is like the opening montage of Major League (oh my... I need to watch that movie. I've not seen it in a long time. [a long time.])

Barfly: Ricky Vaughn? Brandon Hawkins*? I haven't heard of most of them. Brent Gates*... Junior?

Construction Worker: Who are these f-----' guys?

Groundskeeper: [in Japanese] They're ------.

*no offense to Brandon and Brent. I'm sure they're talented and motivated hockey players. Just not in the Sabres pipeline.

3 hours ago, pastajoe said:

Neither of the Amerks goalies are even AHL quality. Christopoulos was pulled in the 1st period. They should at least put Houser back in Rochester and put one of these scrubs on the taxi squad.

Are either Sabre properties?

If not, don't believe they can be on the taxi squad except, perhaps, on an emergency basis.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 12:37 PM, inkman said:

I wanted to comment on this as well. Only a true Amerk fan would be moved by this. I’m not saying which way either. 

The org has been pretty good to us season ticket mules. Moneys all carried over and we got free AHLTV.....I did not watch one single Fing game. Can’t stand Stevens or his oxygen deprived comrade.

If I can’t be there in my GD seat then no thanks. 

The org has dropped some coin on the arena though. Bathrooms(my major complaint), upper atrium/concession areas and I’m sure @LTS will be glad to hear(no pun intended)(ok, I lied) that they have put in a new sound system. I credit the Pegulas for this. We both know these improvements were beyond Lovely’s abilities.

I’m vaccinated liked a mofo and ready to get my ass back in my seat, good or bad.

And who the hell in their right mind doesn’t miss Taylor?

3 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I wanted to comment on this as well. Only a true Amerk fan would be moved by this. I’m not saying which way either. 

The org has been pretty good to us season ticket mules. Moneys all carried over and we got free AHLTV.....I did not watch one single Fing game. Can’t stand Stevens or his oxygen deprived comrade.

If I can’t be there in my GD seat then no thanks. 

The org has dropped some coin on the arena though. Bathrooms(my major complaint), upper atrium/concession areas and I’m sure @LTS will be glad to hear(no pun intended)(ok, I lied) that they have put in a new sound system. I credit the Pegulas for this. We both know these improvements were beyond Lovely’s abilities.

I’m vaccinated liked a mofo and ready to get my ass back in my seat, good or bad.

And who the hell in their right mind doesn’t miss Taylor?

I’d like to add that my ticket rep Andrew is a good kid. Didn’t like him at first but he is doing a fantastic job regardless of the insanity of uncertainty that all of these entertainment venues have been facing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.