Rochester Americans 2020-21 Thread

Brawndo

Every-game Amerk watchers, am I right to be excited about my boy, big Mattias?

First-pair minutes, all-situations as a rookie? Physically ready, no signs of his alleged speed issues, and 9 points in 16 games to boot?

We going to see this guy in Buffalo before the year's over?

14 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Every-game Amerk watchers, am I right to be excited about my boy, big Mattias?

First-pair minutes, all-situations as a rookie? Physically ready, no signs of his alleged speed issues, and 9 points in 16 games to boot?

We going to see this guy in Buffalo before the year's over?

I think you are right to be excited.

No situation is too big for him. He finds himself on the right side of most puck battles, has good positioning and an active stick in all zones.

He will hit and can take one. Pretty much nothing not to like but I don't know if he will come up this year.

He could probably hold his own but it might be better for him to stay down and be better than most of the opposition for now.

Love the kid!

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

Final was 9-2. Cleveland with 9 different goal scorers. SOG Cle 36, Roc 14. PPs Cle 4/9, Roc 0/2. Refs were just as bad as the Amerks. Ugliest game I've seen in years.

That sucks. They have been pretty good all year at keeping games close or overcoming early deficits but ***** happens. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just for some perspective here, Fogarty, Elie and Dalton Smith are the only AHL vets in the lineup.

Pekar, Quinn, Samuelsson, UPL and Laaksonen are rookies, Murray and Fitzgerald are 2nd year guys.

R2, Asplund, Bryson, Oglevie, Davidson, Tokarski, Borgen, Smith and Dea are all unavailable

and the rest are guys you never heard of.

amerks.thumb.jpg.49e61d5c7f9c29e41fd14eb6a88a0044.jpg

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Just for some perspective here, Fogarty, Elie and Dalton Smith are the only AHL vets in the lineup.

Pekar, Quinn, Samuelsson, UPL and Laaksonen are rookies, Murray and Fitzgerald are 2nd year guys.

R2, Asplund, Bryson, Oglevie, Davidson, Tokarski, Borgen, Smith and Dea are all unavailable

and the rest are guys you never heard of.

amerks.thumb.jpg.49e61d5c7f9c29e41fd14eb6a88a0044.jpg

Wow.  That's ugly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.