Fast first, very few whistles
Quinn should have scored, terrible shot off a great set up

No R2. Going to Buffalo?

Lekkas is a smaller guy but looks quick and pretty ok so far
0-0

2nd period

BIRO beautiful goal

BS...Pekar gets a misconduct
Followed immediately by two more penalties, lots of penalty time for Crunch, no goals

Announcers jinx Lekkas , 2 quick ones go in

Crunch go on a penalty spree of their own
Laaksonen gets his first in North America on the PP

Amerks PP still at the top of the league and you can see why. With a team of reserves the passing and puck movement is still very good
3-2 Crunch after 2

3rd period

Rookie FA Brandon Biro is fast and creative
Biro with goal #2 from Samuelsson

dis Amerks team can pass the puck

If Quinn keeps skating with BIro, he might catch fire. It looks like he will have plenty of chances

OT let's Goooo!!!!

Lekkas has made some stops but had no idea where the puck was after. It got him in trouble earlier

Quinn gets beat in OT and Lekkas lets in the game winner

dis team is almost never out of a game so far no matter who's in the lineup. dat says alot about the team as a whole and the coaching staff.

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Amerks lose, 4-3. 

Seems like nobody was watching tonight. 

Got a late start, had to run an errand around game time. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 goals in Quinn's 15 games played since being praised as "perhaps the best goal scorer" in the draft. 

1 goal in 8 world junior games

1 goal in 7 ahl games

Does have 7 assists over the 15 game frame

Edited by Thorny

48 minutes ago, Thorny said:

2 goals in Quinn's 15 games played since being praised as "perhaps the best goal scorer" in the draft. 

1 goal in 7 ahl games

Yeah, the goals haven’t really been there.  He is just 19 playing in a pro league for the first time.  Adjustment periods are normal.  Also, he really is a well rounded player who is more than will to be a “role player” if asked.

How has he been used in Rochester?  Has he been used in a top offensive role or have they been bringing him along a little slowly?

34 minutes ago, Curt said:

Yeah, the goals haven’t really been there.  He is just 19 playing in a pro league for the first time.  Adjustment periods are normal.  Also, he really is a well rounded player who is more than will to be a “role player” if asked.

How has he been used in Rochester?  Has he been used in a top offensive role or have they been bringing him along a little slowly?

Oh ya, it’s obviously not much to see yet. I didn’t much like the pick at the time though so I’m on the lookout for good signs - just wanna see him justify it. Haven’t seen what the others around him have done though except for Rossi. Still wish we took him or Lundell

I brought up the goals cause it’s not something I feel confident expecting to see back necessarily simply because the sample size of seasons where he scored a lot of goals is 1. 

He only has one noteable season as a prospect in fact 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Curt said:

He played his most minutes last night but Biro was the one dat popped. He's on the PP, and was on the first unit last night. 

With so many regulars out he played with the puck on his stick more which led to a couple decent passing plays.

I came away mostly unimpressed, like most games so far but CoHC Adam Mair was complimentary after the game of his pace and compete level. 

2:19 in on Quinn

Meanwhile. Quinn linemates..

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

1 goal in 7 ahl games

He makes a terrific pass in the clip above, and I've seen him make numerous plays like that. I like his approach, he works hard and is very responsible.

There was a sick shootout move with the Amerks, but other than that, he hasn't shown any signs of being a goal scorer at all.

Edited by dudacek

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He makes a terrific pass in the clip above, and I've seen him make numerous plays like that. I like his approach, he works hard and is very responsible.

There was a sick shootout move with the Amerks, but other than that, he hasn't shown any signs of being a goal scorer at all.

Definitely looked like a playmaker to me at the WJC. Lots of stand out passes and few good shooting looks, even 

4 hours ago, Norcal said:

I was thinking about this the other day after reading the culture thread.

Appert has been good for the kids!!

Well, he has experience coaching young guys in a developmental situation where winning is also the expectation.

Also, he has experience coaching Americans! 😉 

“Daaad!  Stooop it!”

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

• Haha (+1) 1

"Rochester’s power-play has gone 14-for-45 with a 31.1% conversion rate that is currently tops in the AHL. The Amerks’ 14 goals on the man-advantage are most among all North Division teams and only three off the AHL lead behind the Chicago Wolves."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.