Rochester Americans 2020-21 Thread

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

You would think a young prospect would be better served in Rochester and the AHL vet on the taxi squad.   

Agreed. Instead I'm watching an AHL veteran play in Rochester right now. To be fair, Tokarski is playing ok but I'd rather watch UPL or JJ

How? Samuelson!

Edited by Norcal

55 minutes ago, Norcal said:

The last several years it hasn't felt this way but as of right now I'm of the belief that the future of the Buffalo Sabres is being developed in Rochester. 

Atleast a few of these guys could break through with the big club.

R2, Bryson, Samuelson,Laaksonen, UPL, and obviously Quinn will get a look in the NHL.  Murray, Pekar are on the fringes.  

6 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

If I'm not mistaken, he's a LH shot as well...with McCabe going down, wondering if we might see him sooner vs. later in Buffalo?

I don’t think he’s NHL ready yet, he still needs to cook. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Stylistic comparison to McCabe, and if McCabe’s performance in Krueger’s system is any indication I’m eager to see Samuelsson up here ASAP. 

I don’t think this is a good comparison. Samuelsson def has far better wheels than McCabe has ever had. 

57 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Yep. I'm right there with you. 

I really like Murray too and some of the college guys like Mersch and Ryan Jones so far look like they can play. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

R2, Bryson, Samuelson,Laaksonen, UPL, and obviously Quinn will get a look in the NHL.  Murray, Pekar are on the fringes.  

3 minutes ago, Norcal said:

It's really early and I don't know if he will continue to develop, (although he has made steady progress through the years), but Brett Murray looks like he could be what the Sabres need in their lineup when they start winning IMO 

Don’t know if he’ll ever have the foot speed.  He’s big, and he moves like it. 

18 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I don’t think this is a good comparison. Samuelsson def has far better wheels than McCabe has ever had. 

18 hours ago, Norcal said:

Samuelson made several plays in the third that stood out.

His physical side is gonna be really good if he manages to put it all together and his skating is definitely better than advertised.

I agree with @Andrew Amerkthough he needs to stay in Rochester a while

This is great to hear.  Skating has always been my main concern with him.  If he is looking good there, he probably has a very high chance of being a quality NHL player.

39 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don’t have much insight to either player. Why the anticipation?

Well, Luce just because he's the grandson of Don Luce and I grew up with him as a big part of the Sabres. Welsch played a couple games and had a huge blast for a goal so I've been waiting to see him again. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.