Rochester Americans 2020-21 Thread

Brawndo

• nfreeman changed the title to Rochester Americans (Hopefully) 2020-21 Thread
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My season seats have become a cash account that carries over to next season. It seems reasonable to me. There was no mention in the email about the early renewal gift/trinket they promise. This year it was a jacket which would have been pretty cool. Hopefully they come through eventually. Hopefully we get back to live hockey. It’s been a big part of my happiness.

Can we say yet that the rumours of the Amerks being abandoned this year are proving false?

Fogarty, CJ Smith, Dalton Smith, Oglevie, JS Dea and Brandon Davidson seem like a solid pack of veterans.

Dawson Dipietro, Ryan Jones, Brandon Biro and Jesper Olofsson as free agent additions

And some prospects like Casey, Asplund, Samuelsson and Lukkonen.

Roster looking something like this?

• Ogelvie/Mittelstadt/Fogarty
  • Olofsson/Ruotsalainen/Dea
  • CJ Smith/Asplund/Murray
  • Dipietro/Pekar/Dalton Smith
  • Biro
  •  
  • Davidson/Borgen
  • Bryson/Fitzpatrick
  • Samuelson/Laaksonen
  • Jones
  •  
  • Johannson/Lukkonnen
  • Houser

Not sure if there are any other vets on AHL-only contracts. Looks like there is room for one or two more signings.

• Like (+1) 1

According to a very unreliable rumor site with the word "buzz" in it(from a couple days ago), one option the NHL is considering is that the minor league team will travel with the big club, and play a game against the AHL team of whomever the Sabres are playing that night.  Hockey day/night doubleheaders, I guess you could call them.  I'm sure this would be grouped with all regional opponents to reduce travel costs as much as possible.

Interesting thought, not sure how seriously it is being considered.

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

According to a very unreliable rumor site with the word "buzz" in it(from a couple days ago), one option the NHL is considering is that the minor league team will travel with the big club, and play a game against the AHL team of whomever the Sabres are playing that night.  Hockey day/night doubleheaders, I guess you could call them.  I'm sure this would be grouped with all regional opponents to reduce travel costs as much as possible.

Seems reasonable because you still need game ready call-ups when injuries/illness/etc start to happen. 

Injuries could have a much larger impact this season than normal without the A as an option as a feeder league, and with the anticipated condensed schedule.

Edited by SHAAAUGHT!!!

31 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

That could be cool, but logistics and costs savings don't seem obvious.  Like, works for Buf / Roc but what about Utica and Vancouver?

5 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

That could be cool, but logistics and costs savings don't seem obvious.  Like, works for Buf / Roc but what about Utica and Vancouver?

They would probably be based in their parent team facilities. Utica would move to Vancouver, Syracuse to Tampa, etc 

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Hope it gets some traction. Basically play the B team in an opening act, then the varsity in a nightcap.

Would be great for development and creating synergy within the program and would almost certainly help cut costs in the wake of empty arenas. Be nice if they relaxed waiver and roster size considerations as part of it and basically treated it as one big team with players moving back and forth between the squads as the coaches see fit.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

Can we say yet that the rumours of the Amerks being abandoned this year are proving false?

Fogarty, CJ Smith, Dalton Smith, Oglevie, JS Dea and Brandon Davidson seem like a solid pack of veterans.

Dawson Dipietro, Ryan Jones, Brandon Biro and Jesper Olofsson as free agent additions

And some prospects like Casey, Asplund, Samuelsson and Lukkonen.

Roster looking something like this?

• Ogelvie/Mittelstadt/Fogarty
  • Olofsson/Ruotsalainen/Dea
  • CJ Smith/Asplund/Murray
  • Dipietro/Pekar/Dalton Smith
  • Biro
  •  
  • Davidson/Borgen
  • Bryson/Fitzpatrick
  • Samuelson/Laaksonen
  • Jones
  •  
  • Johannson/Lukkonnen
  • Houser

Not sure if there are any other vets on AHL-only contracts. Looks like there is room for one or two more signings.

Do they have a single right shot in that forward group? 

Regardless, it probably looks better than Botterill's AHL roster and he professed to building through Rochester lol

Edit - Oglevie and Dea. 

Edited by Thorny

• 2 months later...
  • Brawndo changed the title to Rochester Americans 2020-21 Thread
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.