weave

Eleven

13 hours ago, Eleven said:

@PASabreFan I think that might be one of tonight's two goodnight episodes.  I generally stream the first four seasons, two per night, to try to sleep.  Anyway goodnight.

I've been there. I swear the theme song is better than melatonin. And I also go for the early years.

5 hours ago, Weave said:

I have no recollection of the last 4 days.  My traveling ID is missing.  I'm oddly relaxed this morning.  I have strange memories of alot of time in a vehicle, a fake Russian accent and the hills of Pennsylvania maybe?

Or maybe that was just the first week at the new job.

Stand down, folks.  It's all beginning to come back to me now.

This cannot be a post by the real @Weave, or at least he is at gun point when posting this.

I have received a ransom note from the one and only Yuri.  I have reason to believe it was sent from the Guatemalan jungle.

The demands are quite simple really.

In exchange for @Weave's safe return to SabreSpace all we need to do is assemble enough of us to over-through the Pegula regime and trade what ever it takes to The Great Satan in exchange for Mitch Marner.

I think that is reasonable and we should not even negotiate with the Yuri.

Hmmmm...Russian and Hills.  He is being held outside of Allegany.  The Hills are obvious. The Russian was trickier.  But they are trying to take over the Coven's meth and prostitution operation on the grounds of the Old Royal Ednor.  Scramble the HRT!

On 8/27/2020 at 9:31 PM, Eleven said:

@PASabreFan I think that might be one of tonight's two goodnight episodes.  I generally stream the first four seasons, two per night, to try to sleep.  Anyway goodnight.

You stream 2 season's worth of episodes each night & then wonder why you can't sleep?  Dayum.  

After your 14 hours of episodes are done each night, pretty sure it's "time to make the donuts."  Though you have to have the dialog down COLD.  "Ahhhh, Bach."

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

You stream 2 season's worth of episodes each night & then wonder why you can't sleep?  Dayum.  

After your 14 hours of episodes are done each night, pretty sure it's "time to make the donuts."  Though you have to have the dialog down COLD.  "Ahhhh, Bach."

Yeah, that was imprecise wording on my part.  I stream two episodes each night!

Edited by Eleven

19 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yeah, that was imprecise wording on my part.  I stream two episodes each night!

Got Barney Miller for Christmas and finally started it around Memorial Day.  The theme song & closing credits are better than Ambien.  Just finally started the 5th season.  3 more to go after that.  Probably going back to WKRP if ever get through this boxed set.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Got Barney Miller for Christmas and finally started it around Memorial Day.  The theme song & closing credits are better than Ambien.  Just finally started the 5th season.  3 more to go after that.  Probably going back to WKRP if ever get through this boxed set.

Did you know that Barney Miller actually affected public policy?  Start of season 7.

Now, there are talks about rethinking the police to have specialty squads for dealing with civil problems after things like shootings.

45 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Did you know that Barney Miller actually affected public policy?  Start of season 7.

Now, there are talks about rethinking the police to have specialty squads for dealing with civil problems after things like shootings.

Will have to look for that.

Until sometime this winter coming across a Barney Miller episode on MeTV while scrolling through the channel guide hadn't seen that show in forever.  But really enjoyed it, so wifey picked it up for me.  (Doubt would've bought it on my own, but am glad she got it.) 

Had watched it pretty religiously the 1st 5 or 6 seasons, but missed a lot of the last 2 seasons and don't recall seeing it in reruns often at all.  It holds up surprisingly well.  And unlike watching MASH or WKRP, don't recall all the dialog of every single episode just from the 1st minute or 2.

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Will have to look for that.

Until sometime this winter coming across a Barney Miller episode on MeTV while scrolling through the channel guide hadn't seen that show in forever.  But really enjoyed it, so wifey picked it up for me.  (Doubt would've bought it on my own, but am glad she got it.) 

Had watched it pretty religiously the 1st 5 or 6 seasons, but missed a lot of the last 2 seasons and don't recall seeing it in reruns often at all.  It holds up surprisingly well.  And unlike watching MASH or WKRP, don't recall all the dialog of every single episode just from the 1st minute or 2.

Just as Yes, (Prime) Minister was the place where British civil servants leaked their frustrations about the government (including TWO of Thatcher's cabinet), Barney Miller was a place where honest, real cops could vent about their frustrations about public policy, police actions, etc.  The Season 7 opener was the greatest example of the show and its writers being spokespeople for honest cops.

I think that Barney Miller is far better than the sitcoms that critics love.  Few series wear as well at it does.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.