The Capitals have Fired HC Todd Reirden

Brawndo

He got 2 years where they were in the playoffs, and people here argue over keeping guys longer as they fight for the #1 overall pick....

Probably wasnt a good idea to let Trotz leave (I wonder if he wanted out also)

But now you have an aging team thats going to have to atleast start retooling to stay good, Sounds like Holtby will be available, might not be a bad choice to replace Hutton til UPL is ready

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

He got 2 years where they were in the playoffs, and people here argue over keeping guys longer as they fight for the #1 overall pick....

Probably wasnt a good idea to let Trotz leave (I wonder if he wanted out also)

But now you have an aging team thats going to have to atleast start retooling to stay good, Sounds like Holtby will be available, might not be a bad choice to replace Hutton til UPL is ready

Sounds like an awful choice IMPO. I want nothing to do with a goalie who had a worse SV% than Ullmark this past year. Actually he had a worse sv% than Hutton. Also had a worse goals saved above replacement. No interest at all in Holtby as a reclamation project. 

5 hours ago, inkman said:

Sign him to become President of Non-Hockey Ops, or South American Scouting or head toilet inspector or whatever these ***** bag posters say when anyone that works for another org is let go.  

ADAMS IS AWFUL WHY DIDN'T HE HIRE TODD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol jk

30 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sounds like an awful choice IMPO. I want nothing to do with a goalie who had a worse SV% than Ullmark this past year. Actually he had a worse sv% than Hutton. Also had a worse goals saved above replacement. No interest at all in Holtby as a reclamation project. 

ADAMS IS AWFUL WHY DIDN'T HE HIRE TODD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol jk

But Holtby has had better career stats then both and has cup experience. Im not so down on him after one bad year.

13 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

But Holtby has had better career stats then both and has cup experience. Im not so down on him after one bad year.

I am, I don't want another "hope for a rebound" goalie. His last 3 years have all been mediocre with .907, .911, and .897 save percentages. 

On 8/23/2020 at 6:58 PM, apuszczalowski said:

If it really was just one bad year, then maybe, but that’s not what it is.

Holtby was really really good in 2014-15, 2015-16, and 2016-17.  Then he was bad in 2017-18, average in 2018-19, and terrible in 2019-20.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.