Watching Playoffs makes me depressed

Radar

13 minutes ago, Radar said:

Pegulas are you watching? Do you see what hockey (not fantasy hockey) looks like? When you see the Bruins do you see what a hockey organization looks like? Man this is depressing!!!

That's why I'm Marvin, the Paranoid Android.

• Haha (+1) 1

Isn't playoff hockey beautiful madness? There may be nothing better. Crack a beer, grab some wings or a pile of poutine, and let go. You must feel the Moulson Ehrhoff Playoffs flow through you. Hockey fans are we, not just Sabres fans. You must unlearn what you have learned with the Sabres. Then, only then, free to enjoy will you be.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Isn't playoff hockey beautiful madness? There may be nothing better. Crack a beer, grab some wings or a pile of poutine, and let go. You must feel the Moulson Ehrhoff Playoffs flow through you. Hockey fans are we, not just Sabres fans. You must unlearn what you have learned with the Sabres. Then, only then, free to enjoy will you be.

You never disappoint.

31 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I don't get depressed.

I get ***** pissed off.

Whoever agrees with SwampD, raise your hand.

high five hands GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Armia looks like a player

Compher scored today too and Zadorov was a beast. Even Bogo's getting big minutes with Tampa paired with Hedman. 

It's not depressing to me, it's refreshing after a season of Sabres crap to see real hockey. As for the hockey organization yes, the Bruins have it and that's why hiring your GM from within that organization (like the Canucks did) would be a smart move but no, we prefer to go with a "trusted" rookie from within our own loser organization  who can then give us a nice speech about being "new" even though he's already been here. It's a fracking mess. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Compher scored today too and Zadorov was a beast. Even Bogo's getting big minutes with Tampa paired with Hedman. 

It's not depressing to me, it's refreshing after a season of Sabres crap to see real hockey. As for the hockey organization yes, the Bruins have it and that's why hiring your GM from within that organization (like the Canucks did) would be a smart move but no, we prefer to go with a "trusted" rookie from within our own loser organization  who can then give us a nice speech about being "new" even though he's already been here. It's a fracking mess. 

Except that Boston pretty much put Neely and a Mike O’Connell in charge with little to no experience and Buffalo hired their last two GM’s from successful organizations. 
There is no tried and true methods. Experienced guys fail, rookies succeed and vice versa. Adams might be a bust of he might be Joe Sakic, no one knows. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Just now, Hawerchuk said:

Vancouver looks really good right now. Young and fast. Same with the Golden Knights. Not young, but they have some serious depth and speed. The Sabres? Yeah we have Tage Thompson! Yeah that'll work. LMAO!

The Sabres seem like a decade of drafting and development away from being a playoff contender.  It's about as bleak as I can remember.  This is post 3 of the worst seasons in this teams history.  I have no hope for this team to be good before I die.  

It’s a lot easier to look like a good player when you’re playing on a good team… Especially in the playoffs. ie. Armia and Zadorov. 
it’s also shortsighted to be enamored with those players when they have a handful of good games. 
both of those players would look like complete garbage on the Sabres, or LA, or Detroit. 

21 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

Why don’t we play with the intensity of this canadiens flyers game?

1: Because we don't play playoff hockey games anymore and regular season intensity across the league is low and boring.

2: Because we have a team of soft players who shy away from contact by nature, kind of like our old friend Derek Roy, most of whom were put here by Botterill, a terrible GM who never had a clue.

• Like (+1) 1

I do find it frustrating when a team that was bottom feeder like the us (Vancouver) has drafted and developed well and is playing high-level, competitive playoff hockey.  I suppose you could say the same for Vegas, who was an EXPANSION team, but I will write them off as an anomaly, as they have surpassed most other teams - including some good ones.

I've given up on this season as far as the Sabres are concerned and am trying to enjoy watching ANY type of competitive sports right now.  It's hard getting used to the broadcast with no fans, but the skill and effort is still on display and it's better than watching Downton Abbey with my wife, or whatever other crap she has on.

I don’t have ready access to the games.  I have to jump through some hoops to find a way to watch them.  It’s been real easy to not watch.

But I traveled for work this week and last.  It WAS real easy to find a game on the hotel TV.   And I watched. What I’ve seen of it has been real entertaining, more so than I expected with 0 crowds.

Nonetheless I probably won’t be jumping through hoops to watch it at home.

At the end of the day my interest in watching other teams is directly tied to my interest in what happens to other teams in regards to how it affects the Sabres (playoff matchups, etc.). So if I watch at all now it is with 0 emotional investment.  Its a curiosity for me and nothing more.

6 hours ago, Zamboni said:

It’s a lot easier to look like a good player when you’re playing on a good team… Especially in the playoffs. ie. Armia and Zadorov. 
it’s also shortsighted to be enamored with those players when they have a handful of good games. 
both of those players would look like complete garbage on the Sabres, or LA, or Detroit. 

And in large degree it is evidence that the league has a plethora of bottom pairing, bottom 6 guys that, when playing with top 4 and top 6 guys that truly ARE fitting in there can actually look like they belong in the league because they do.

But without those top guys pulling THEIR weight, these other guys get asked to do too much and look like Sabres of the last 9 years.

Bring in a 2C, fix the goaltending, and bring in maybe 1-2 other guys (and if you get the 1st 2 right, these last 2 aren't fully necessary), and then guys like Lazar start having people asking why was he ever back in the AHL.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And in large degree it is evidence that the league has a plethora of bottom pairing, bottom 6 guys that, when playing with top 4 and top 6 guys that truly ARE fitting in there can actually look like they belong in the league because they do.

But without those top guys pulling THEIR weight, these other guys get asked to do too much and look like Sabres of the last 9 years.

Bring in a 2C, fix the goaltending, and bring in maybe 1-2 other guys (and if you get the 1st 2 right, these last 2 aren't fully necessary), and then guys like Lazar start having people asking why was he ever back in the AHL.

This team was really good until Hutton’s eyes went dead. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Agree. Those that want to “tear it all dowwwwwnnnn! Rawrrr!” Are overly dramatic. A damn good 2C and above average goaltending would be a huge shift in the right direction. Then fill in any other holes where you can, when you can.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, tom webster said:

Except that Boston pretty much put Neely and a Mike O’Connell in charge with little to no experience and Buffalo hired their last two GM’s from successful organizations. 
There is no tried and true methods. Experienced guys fail, rookies succeed and vice versa. Adams might be a bust of he might be Joe Sakic, no one knows. 

Boston put Neely in charge and how does Boston play Well, exactly like Cam Neely. Not a coincidence. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, inkman said:

The Sabres seem like a decade of drafting and development away from being a playoff contender.  It's about as bleak as I can remember.  This is post 3 of the worst seasons in this teams history.  I have no hope for this team to be good before I die.  

Same for me. The formula is simple. Examples throughout the league yet the pegulas stumble on.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.