RIP Dale Hawerchuk

Brawndo

Noooooooooooooo! ??????

Just one more piece of crap news to add to the awful year that is 2020.  One of my favorite Sabres and in the top 5 of most underrated contributors to this franchise.  

My condolences to his family, having lost my mother in November and now with my Dad in hospice care I completely understand the sorrow and the loss.  

Sorry I’ve been MIA but I have been taking care of my elderly father following a fall and am moving him to my home so that he’ll be with family instead of locked up in an assisted living.  

COVID is killing our elderly either directly or through isolation which has taken them from their families and taken away their will to live.  Just awful.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, DHawerchuk10 said:

F 2020!!!!!!!!

You got that right.  They say hindsight is 2020.  I can't wait for 2020 to be in our hindsight.  This year feels like the longest year of my 58.  The hits just keep coming.

• Like (+1) 1

May Mr. Hawerchuk RIP.

He was the centerpiece of the 3rd greatest trade the Sabres ever made.

1. Hasek for Ruuttuu & a pick that became Daze.

2. LaFontaine, Wood, Hillier, & pick that became Melanson for Turgeon, McLlwain (hated losing him), Krupp, & Hogue.

3.  Hawerchuk, & moved up to pick May (leaving Tkachuk on the board to be selected w/ Sabres pick (D'oh!)) for Housley, Arniel (who convinced Ducks that Buffalo would be a great place to play), Parker, & the aforementioned pick. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Tondas said:

You got that right.  They say hindsight is 2020.  I can't wait for 2020 to be in our hindsight.  This year feels like the longest year of my 58.  The hits just keep coming.

Amazing how events can cause a term that meant one thing to meant something entirely different.  2020 used to mean a clarity of vision & was a good thing.  It's now a cluster#### extraordinaire & anything but good. 

And once again, RIP Ducks.  Still amazed the Sabres turned Housley into him.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.