Casey Mittelstadt, what should we make of him

LGR4GM

5 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I will say that Bennett has been pretty darn good so far in the playoffs.

He’s definitely not one relying on his past draft status to do him any favours. Smart enough to embrace and work for a role where he really fits. 

He’s been top 6 in forward ice time for the Flames this postseason. 

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

He’s definitely not one relying on his past draft status to do him any favours. Smart enough to embrace and work for a role where he really fits. 

He's been throwing the body a whole lot this series. Like a lot more than in the regular season.

Not for nothing, for years he’s been posting IG photos of him and his buddies hanging out - and he’s either wearing a shirt or has his arms folded over his torso.  IMO it’s because he is trying to hide from his coaches that he doesn’t work out enough, it’s clear when you watch him he lacks functional strength.  It’s a joke he was 2C at one point.  He looks so out of place out there - he looks like I did when I would wear my dad’s suit to elementary school on “dress up like your parent day.”

2C926F73-896F-401C-898F-D8E5B5F4E866.thumb.png.30816a379970ebf22351bfcb99ec98ab.png

Edited by Cascade Youth
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cascade Youth said:

Not for nothing, for years he’s been posting IG photos of him and his buddies hanging out - and he’s either wearing a shirt or has his arms folded over his torso.  IMO it’s because he is trying to hide from his coaches that he doesn’t work out enough, it’s clear when you watch him he lacks functional strength.  It’s a joke he was 2C at one point.  He looks so out of place out there - he looks like I did when I would wear my dad’s suit to elementary school on “dress up like your parent day.”

2C926F73-896F-401C-898F-D8E5B5F4E866.thumb.png.30816a379970ebf22351bfcb99ec98ab.png

Is that Dahlin on the left? Someone gave him a nice tittytwister.

• Haha (+1) 1

Immaturity and lacking a work ethic is not a new thing when describing Sabres young prospects/players. It is in fact an all too frequent recurrent theme. Casey came in as a guy told he was going to be great and was slotted in to be instantly great and nowhere along the way does anyone seem to have thought he needed to be taught a work ethic first. So did we ruin him or was he never going to be anything who can say for sure but he definitely needs to change if he is to be anything at all.

Dahlin came in as a hard worker and dedicated player wanting to develop. Is he still? I dunno. If we ruin him you really got to wonder.

and lastly Cozens, I know that guy has all the competitive attitude and work ethic you can ask for in any player. If we ruin him there's no hope ever.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Immaturity and lacking a work ethic is not a new thing when describing Sabres young prospects/players. It is in fact an all too frequent recurrent theme. Casey came in as a guy told he was going to be great and was slotted in to be instantly great and nowhere along the way does anyone seem to have thought he needed to be taught a work ethic first. So did we ruin him or was he never going to be anything who can say for sure but he definitely needs to change if he is to be anything at all.

Dahlin came in as a hard worker and dedicated player wanting to develop. Is he still? I dunno. If we ruin him you really got to wonder.

and lastly Cozens, I know that guy has all the competitive attitude and work ethic you can ask for in any player. If we ruin him there's no hope ever.

I don’t think a lack of maturity and work ethic is something endemic among Sabres prospects.  I honestly think that’s it’s just Nylander and Mitts.

I do think the organization needs to continue to boost their overall intensity though.  That’s why I want to see most players brought in to of the intense/gritty/competitive variety.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not interested in labeling Casey as lazy or insufficiently interested.  We went that route with Hodgson only to find out there were underlying causes.  I’m not making that error a second time.  Nonetheless, something in Casey does not appear to be translating well in the pro NA game.

I don’t need to see any more of his development path before being OK with Casey moving for help now or to obtain the asset needed to move for help now.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Weave said:

I’m not interested in labeling Casey as lazy or insufficiently interested.  We went that route with Hodgson only to find out there were underlying causes.  I’m not making that error a second time.  Nonetheless, something in Casey does not appear to be translating well in the pro NA game.

I don’t need to see any more of his development path before being OK with Casey moving for help now or to obtain the asset needed to move for help now.

I think his value is close to zero 

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

How do you know that about Cozens?  U do not have any idea

39 minutes ago, inkman said:

I think his value is close to zero 

I disagree fervently, he's a former 8th OA pick and under 22 years of age with skill, as seen in the WJC. I don't expect a team to bend over backwards to acquire him but he'd still retain value via potential and his theoretical upside versus what he has done thus far.

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure of Mitts value... he has shown pretty nice hands and slick moves but that is about it.  Agree with all the maturity questions and or priority on hockey... he seems too much like my video game playing now 16 year old..  hard to get him off that ***** and we are pushing hard for him to get involved in other stuff... but he is 16 not a professional hockey player.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 2

I still view him as young and trying to figure out the “pro life” side of things. In my opinion, he has too much talent to not make it as a full time NHLer. Even if it’s a “3rd liner”. To me that would be successful if he developed into a full-time NHLer. Some people put so much freaking weight on his draft position. I’m not going to do that. I just want to see him make the NHL and have a nice long career. And some people put so much freaking weight on what he does in his off time like going to carnivals or being on a friends boat taking photos and putting them on his Instagram. I’m not going to do that. It’s just a young man having fun with friends… Not a Big freaking deal. To me. 

“ But but but it’s an indication of this, it means this, it means that if he’s doing this, it must mean this it must mean that”

.... yawn.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I still view him as young and trying to figure out the “pro life” side of things. In my opinion, he has too much talent to not make it as a full time NHLer. Even if it’s a “3rd liner”. To me that would be successful if he developed into a full-time NHLer. Some people put so much freaking weight on his draft position. I’m not going to do that. I just want to see him make the NHL and have a nice long career. And some people put so much freaking weight on what he does in his off time like going to carnivals or being on a friends boat taking photos and putting them on his Instagram. I’m not going to do that. It’s just a young man having fun with friends… Not a Big freaking deal. To me. 

“ But but but it’s an indication of this, it means this, it means that if he’s doing this, it must mean this it must mean that”

.... yawn.

I agree...but, but, maybe we can get him to like hotdogs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.