So #8

spndnchz

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

In just about every way, and I feel that this is underappreciated here.  He might still be GM, and the Sabres might not be in such dire straits, had Murray been able to control his mouth.  His most-criticized trade was a late first-round pick for Lehner, and that's not looking so bad right now.

Looking at the way the Pegulas have acted and the things they have publicly said, he may have not even been that out of line with his comments.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Kr632 said:

I’m drawing a blank for some reason. What did Murray say again?

He called Kim something that rhymes with what Doug Marrone likes to do on 4th and 3 from the opponent's 35.  Thing is, I don't remember who told me this now.  I can narrow it down to a handful of people that would have information like this, but I don't remember who.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Eleven said:

He called Kim something that rhymes with what Doug Marrone likes to do on 4th and 3 from the opponent's 35.  Thing is, I don't remember who told me this now.  I can narrow it down to a handful of people that would have information like this, but I don't remember who.

Has this rumor ever been proven?  I think this has become sabres folklore that is passed on from fan to fan but may not have any validity whatsoever.

25 minutes ago, freester said:

Has this rumor ever been proven?  I think this has become sabres folklore that is passed on from fan to fan but may not have any validity whatsoever.

I seem to recall one of the Sabre's beat reporters strongly suggesting it without actually using the term.  Our beat reporters catch alot of ***** but I don't think any of them are liars. I'm not sure how one would go about proving it short of an audio recording. 

On 9/3/2020 at 10:36 AM, Eleven said:

If this rumour is true, then he deserved to get canned.  You don't say things like this to a co-worker, let alone a boss, unless you want to get canned.

The more interesting question is if this rumour is false (i.e., either the original source is mistaken or the reporter had it planted on him/her), then the more interesting question is why the originator create the rumour.

17 hours ago, Weave said:

I seem to recall one of the Sabre's beat reporters strongly suggesting it without actually using the term.  Our beat reporters catch alot of ***** but I don't think any of them are liars. I'm not sure how one would go about proving it short of an audio recording. 

I've never heard any of this, but I damn sure don't knkw everything.  I'm gonna tag in @john wawrow for this one.  John, you don't even need to confirm or deny actuality, only the existence of a rumor: have you ever even heard the rumor that Tim Murray referred to Kim Pegula as a *****?

I mean, doing that is straight-up unconscionable.  It's immediately and automatically termination-worthy.  It's such a ridiculous idea that a person with brain one, let alone the GM of a professional sports franchise, would think they walk out of whatever room they're standing in with a professional future after saying that.

On 9/3/2020 at 10:36 AM, Eleven said:

I found another reference to this in a post from early 2019....

JJFIVEOH 345JJFIVEOH

Posted February 27, 2019

Murray did things the way he sought fit. Kim didn't like him because he wasn't a yes man. Murray deserved more time to prove his pan worked, but Kim is power hungry. Murray is right, she probably is a *****. She has no business running any business.

This mock has Rossi going to NJD and that makes no sense to me. They have drafted 4 centers with their 1st pick in the last 5 years including Hischier and Hughes (neither are large guys) but they are going to skip on some of the defensive and winger talent to take another small center... from a team building perspective that seems questionable. 

I do like how they mention that Holtz is somewhat of a 1 trick pony. It would be very Sabres like to pass on Kaliyev last year to take Holtz higher this year when they both have the same 1 trick label. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

This mock has Rossi going to NJD and that makes no sense to me. They have drafted 4 centers with their 1st pick in the last 5 years including Hischier and Hughes (neither are large guys) but they are going to skip on some of the defensive and winger talent to take another small center... from a team building perspective that seems questionable. 

I do like how they mention that Holtz is somewhat of a 1 trick pony. It would be very Sabres like to pass on Kaliyev last year to take Holtz higher this year when they both have the same 1 trick label. 

You know who has drafted four centres with their first pick in the past six years....?

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

You know who has drafted four centres with their first pick in the past six years....?

Not at 1st overall they haven't. Hischier is a center and Hughes will be center after he stops weighing 160lbs. If I were them I would be adding a winger, with size if possible, who compliments their skills. Holtz is a perfect winger for a guy like Hughes who loves to pass. 

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

I just wanted another team's opinion on Ehlers kinda.

How much time does Reinhart spend playing with Eichel?

Gotcha.

Well, if the Sabres had listened to me even once in all these years Ehlers would be a Sabre right now.

Ehlers is great.  I admit I am a little biased (right @shrader), but just a little since I had watched Ehlers a lot.

Samson plays with Eich a lot.  They play hockey together a lot too ... 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I have no idea who Tim Stute-zull-la is. Tim Stutzle however I do know. Starts at 7:45 of the video. 

Meh - Pass.  I'd rather have Lundell or Raymond than Holtz.  I've watched more, and Holtz has HUGE bust potential.  Shrugs, it's a complete crap shoot.  We'll either get a "Cozens" or a "Mittlestadt", where one looks legitimate and the other is a mixed bag still figuring it out. 

On 9/5/2020 at 3:09 AM, IKnowPhysics said:

I've never heard any of this, but I damn sure don't knkw everything.  I'm gonna tag in @john wawrow for this one.  John, you don't even need to confirm or deny actuality, only the existence of a rumor: have you ever even heard the rumor that Tim Murray referred to Kim Pegula as a *****?

I mean, doing that is straight-up unconscionable.  It's immediately and automatically termination-worthy.  It's such a ridiculous idea that a person with brain one, let alone the GM of a professional sports franchise, would think they walk out of whatever room they're standing in with a professional future after saying that.

That one I'm not aware of. Some words were said in Kim and Terry's presence, but not directed at them as far as I know. As far as I can go.

jw

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.