So #8

spndnchz

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Per Friedman Anaheim is not opposed to moving down a few spots in the First Round. 

If Rossi is available at 6 what would you give up? 

Ryan Johnson and 8th OA?

Yes. 

Hell yes. ***** yes. Mfer yes. Whatever version of yes I need to do to get Marco Rossi. 

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So this means that if Anaheim stays, they are picking someone a little off the beaten track, right?

That's more evidence Rossi is going to fall. And if it's not him, someone else will.

Lundell or Sanderson. Those are my only 2 guesses although Sanderson to NJD makes sense. 

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So this means that if Anaheim stays, they are picking someone a little off the beaten track, right?

That's more evidence Rossi is going to fall. And if it's not him, someone else will.

In the top 10 to 12 there are a number of players whose rankings are bunched together. Anaheim could move down a bit and still come away with one of their options, either A, B and C and still be more than satisfied. If we are going to keep our pick I would prefer to make our selection from our current spot and use the asset that would have been used to move up to use it in a trade to address another immediate need. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, dudacek said:

I feel like Drysdale is gonna be the one to fall. Just a guess. 

Edited by Thorny

46 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I feel like Drysdale is gonna be the one to fall. Just a guess. 

Just read a Hockey News mock where we pick him at #8.

Which was fine until you see Rossi go to Minny at 9. (Askarov @5 to the Sens was the surprise, Devils took Sanderson)

10 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Just read a Hockey News mock where we pick him at #8.

Which was fine until you see Rossi go to Minny at 9. (Askarov @5 to the Sens was the surprise, Devils took Sanderson)

I just have a feeling that either Rossi or Perfetti is going to fall to us.  Also no way with our need for talent upfront that we pass on Rossi for Drysdale as the Hockey News suggested.

Would you trade next year's No. 1 for a chance to get another top 12 pick this season?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Would you trade next year's No. 1 for a chance to get another top 12 pick this season?

Yes.

From a Q&A with Pronman i the Athletic

The Athletic recently completed a beat writer mock draft in which the three picks after the top three were Perfetti, Raymond and Drysdale. If the Devils’ scouting staff believes in Sanderson, should they consider seeing what Minnesota (No. 9), Winnipeg (No. 10) or even Nashville (No. 11) would offer for the No. 7 pick to give them chance to grab the last top-shelf center (Rossi)?

Yeah, sure. Trades are so speculative and typically nobody trades up one or two spots, but it is possible. Minnesota has publicly said they want a center. Bill Guerin has not hid his cards on that front. I think it’s worth entertaining it, because I think Buffalo is seriously discussing Rossi. So, I think Minnesota would be a decent candidate to at least mention that to.

First suggestion I have ever seen from a credible source as to who the Sabres might be leaning towards.

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I just have a feeling that either Rossi or Perfetti is going to fall to us.  Also no way with our need for talent upfront that we pass on Rossi for Drysdale as the Hockey News suggested.

Everyone is predicting Perfetti to Detroit, so unless Yzerman is tossing up the biggest smoke screen ever (for no reason) they are probably taking Perfetti. 

12 minutes ago, Shootica said:

Corey Pronman put out a new mock draft today that has us taking Rossi at #8.  He mentions that from what he's heard, the names most connected to us are Rossi, Raymond, and Quinn.

https://theathletic.com/2090914/2020/10/01/nhl-mock-draft-2020-corey-pronman-projects-all-seven-rounds?source=user-shared-article

If we came out with Rossi and Colangelo, I'd be good with that.

Attached is a WGR link with Sportsnets' Sam Cosentino talking about the draft. This is a 9 min segment that discusses many of the prospects that have been discussed on this site. He makes the point that after the first pick the players in the next 10 players or so are still very high quality prospects. 

https://www.radio.com/wgr550/authors/howard-and-jeremy

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Attached is a WGR link with Sportsnets' Sam Cosentino talking about the draft. This is a 9 min segment that discusses many of the prospects that have been discussed on this site. He makes the point that after the first pick the players in the next 10 players or so are still very high quality prospects. 

https://www.radio.com/wgr550/authors/howard-and-jeremy

It’s one of the reasons I want to find away to get back into 1st rd by possibly trading next year’s first.  I think this draft is actually 13 deep and maybe 14 if Holloway takes off.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.