So #8

spndnchz

4 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Based on Rossi's NHLe, it's possible.  I'm just hoping we get a shot at him, and if not him, another prospect in that plateau.

I have soured on Raymond and Holtz. Raymond might be good but was so limited with playing time last year he is a gamble. Holtz got more playing time but he did not come close to driving that line and was the definition of a passenger. I know they both were in a mens league but still I worry about them. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/29/2020 at 10:50 AM, IKnowPhysics said:

Based on Rossi's NHLe, it's possible.  I'm just hoping we get a shot at him, and if not him, another prospect in that plateau.

I think he is gone before 6 and possibly as high as 4 or 5.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I have soured on Raymond and Holtz. Raymond might be good but was so limited with playing time last year he is a gamble. Holtz got more playing time but he did not come close to driving that line and was the definition of a passenger. I know they both were in a mens league but still I worry about them. 

With these two you will get to see them play for a couple months before the draft.  They might change their stock by draft Time.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Agree, but likely that's who we get. 

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

In the top 5-12 players which players are capable of playing in the NHL in their first year, and which players could be ready to play in their 2nd yr, and which players could be ready by their third year? 

First year? Rossi

Second year, Jarvis, Lundell, Drysdale, Sanderson maybe, Holtz maybe, quinn maybe

Third year, everyone else I haven't mentioned. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Radar said:

Could be. I would hate to have to give that but quite sure that would be the ask maybe even more.

Oh, assuredly it would be more.  It's also the best use of the pick.  Jack isn't Dorian Gray.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Because I have read the book and it isn't really about eternal youth. 

True.  It isn't.  But why else would a hockey playing stud have his portrait age rather than himself other than to break Henri Richard's record (& perhaps some of Gretzky's as well)?  He's already got enough dough to get the stuff that ol' Dorian prized.  But true hockey immortality is something that might be just beyond his reach without an edge.

Doesn't hurt that we'd reap the reward.  ?

Edited by Taro T

On 8/24/2020 at 9:02 PM, dudacek said:

A lot of the prospect rankers I see don't count Mittelstadt and Tage because of the number of NHL games they've played. Just like a lot of Sabres fans.

It's a legitimate point of view, but it's one I don't share because a) they aren't on our team, b) they are in our system and c) they are still young enough to improve. As far as I am concerned, they are still in our pipeline.

I'm sure a few of you are watching Pronman's countdown on organizational depth in terms of young players.

Sabres haven't shown up yet, but this was an interesting exchange in his Q&A today:

Jimmy E.
2h ago

Was expecting the Sabres to be in the bottom 10. Do Dahlin and Cozens lift them up that much?
like-icon.png

Corey Pronman
2h ago

@Jimmy E. Dahlin, Cozens, Mitteltsadt, Thompson, Jokiharju etc all qualify.

Also, Pronman (who led the Casey hype machine two years ago) still sees him with top six potential and takes a mild (unrelated) shot at prospect watchers for recency bias.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.