• Minnesota
    • Edmonton
    • Florida
    • Ny rangers
    • Nashville
    • Pittsburgh
    • Toronto
    • Winnipeg

its very interesting that the nhl gives the #1 pick to a team that makes the playoffs. call me conspiracy theory guy, but i dont see one of the low market teams getting this #1 pick.

also why change the way its done. i understand the format was different for this year, so why not do it the way it was always done and take the teams total #of points, and average it to what they would have had and use that number. its odd that they are giving a team that is considered "good enough" for the playoffs a 1 in 8 chance at #1 (or 1 in 2 if you are edmonton/toronto)

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Crosby and Malkin are old now, so Penguins.

Too bad this guy isn't from Cole Harbour, NS ... that would be the cherry on top of the poop sunday.

Lemieux and Crosby both were #1 and played in the Q. Lafreniere is on the same junior team as Cindy.

I am hoping for the Wild from that bunch. They need some young talent more than the rest.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Gabrielor said:

Nashville's been my horse, and I'm sticking to it.

Ideal spot for us.

This is how I feel...I'm fine with Nashville, Minnesota and Winnipeg. (I'm fine with Florida too.)

ANYWHERE but Toronto, Edmonton, Pittsburgh and New York.

Edited by OhMyDahlin
  • Like (+1) 1

I hope Minnesota.

I really don't want to see Edm, Tor, or Pitt get it....but I don't think if he goes to any of those teams, it makes them a 'dynasty in the making'...so while I don't want them to win, I'm not overly concerned.

Toronto is going to have cap issues for a long time.  Pittburgh, their window is 1, maybe 2 years before it closes...and that window isn't really top cup contender now even, they are 2nd tier.  Edmonton? Probably the most dangerous of the 3, but not the worst place for him to go.

Florida is where I'd be worried the most. When you look at that team, the cap room they have, the team that can make the biggest jump with a player like him in 2-3 year from now...I think it is Florida. Plus, he'd be on that team in the Sabres division.

My heart tells me no to Pitt, Tor, or Edm....but my head doesn't want him in Florida.