New Royal Blue Jerseys To Debut August 11, 9am

Brawndo

50 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Are you sure they're going back to wearing the whites at home? I thought the reporting upthread was that they would be allowed to wear them on occasion.

The report was that they'll wear them as often as they can work it out with the other team.

They probably will be able to do it more often than not as it gives teams a chance to wear their (usually dark) 3rds on the road getting those more exposure and thus more purchases.

IMHO, the whole league should go to home whites predominantly with a couple of built in "special" weeks where teams wear their darks &/or 3rds at home.  Supposedly, the whole point of wearing darks at home is to let teams wear their 3rds without forcing the other team to take both light & dark unis on a single road trip. Make the brief periods of home darks a league mandated thing that everybody follows and then the too much to carry on a road trip excuse goes away.

3 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Can't introduce a third until next year, per NHL.

...which is why they didn't introduce these last year for the 50th

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Is that actually confirmed?

My cousin's boyfriend's boss's son said so.  So, yes, it is.  I think.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I like the helmet logo we are going with too

SabresLogos.thumb.PNG.c42bc502562dad7cc2da809ef917fa52.PNG

I like the helmet logo.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

Dark home jerseys really pisses me off. It’s ***** entertainment. We are the fans. Do what the fans want for heaven sake. I don’t give a ***** about the equipment managers. Pay them to put the right gear together.

Agreed. Just another glaring example of how Bettman and his cronies continue to consistently miss the mark and why they are a second rate pro league compared to the other three major sports. They arrogantly dismiss the fans' voice at every turn. Their abomination of a draft was an absolute embarrassment. How exactly do they end up having none of the seven teams who missed their jacked up playoff format drafting first overall??

53 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Everything is intentional. There is not one aspect of the/a jersey that isn’t parsed over by committee.

ftr, I like the no shoulder patch thing. 

Yes & no on the intentionality.  This is the team that came up with the slug, gave us navy blue rather than royal, and also the turdburger.  So, while leaving the shoulder patch off was obviously intentional, gut reaction would be that they think like you that the sweaters look better without one even though it seems (from reactions here) that it is a minority viewpoint.  Rather than, they think the sweaters look better with one but this is so close to a grand slam that they'll still be rolling in it without the patches and they can then add them later to work that "brand spanking new jersey" pitch and make mint once again.

Had the 50th and this not been so close to perfect, would've went with, based on past history, that it was intentional & they had no clue about how the majority of fans felt about it.  Based on recent history, believe it was intentional to allow for that next tweaking of them.

13 minutes ago, SDS said:

Dark home jerseys really pisses me off. It’s ***** entertainment. We are the fans. Do what the fans want for heaven sake. I don’t give a ***** about the equipment managers. Pay them to put the right gear together.

Was there a reason to do home darks? 

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Never thought I'd see the day where a thread didn't go off the rails ripe with disagreement, THAT says a hell of a lot of how well they did. 

NO!  You're WONG!!!

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Even in this picture the outlines make the logo look blurry.

Have you considered that maybe it's time to try reading glasses?

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

As stated above, yes.  When teams started going with 3rds in the '90's, road teams had to bring 2 sets of unis on road trips because except for very occasionally (the Rags having Richter's mask on a white uni being a notable exception) 3rds were dark and teams wanted their fans to see the 3rds in person & not just on TV to goose sales.

Equipment managers and accountants cried so the league eventually chose their desires over those of the fans & went back to pre-1970 darks at home.

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

yes. because of the thirds, equipment managers complained they need to pack two sets of gear. EQUIPMENT MANAGERS. Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

9 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Agreed. Just another glaring example of how Bettman and his cronies continue to consistently miss the mark and why they are a second rate pro league compared to the other three major sports. They arrogantly dismiss the fans' voice at every turn. Their abomination of a draft was an absolute embarrassment. How exactly do they end up having none of the seven teams who missed their jacked up playoff format drafting first overall??

How do you have the commissioner verifying the logo of each team like a dunce?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

...which is why they didn't introduce these last year for the 50th

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

My cousin's boyfriend's boss's son said so.  So, yes, it is.  I think.

I like the helmet logo.

No, teams can have special anniversary unis regardless of whether they are too close to a major uniform makeover or not.  The 50ths were FIFTIETHS, not 3rds.

Pretty sure the reason they kept these unis unveiling this year rather than last was so when they moved the 50th anniversary up a year, they'd still have new unis to goose sales this year even though they expected a high probability of a lockout.  (The fear of a lockout being what moved the Golden Anniversary up into their 49th year.

Teams can't have 3rds in a uni revamping year, but they can have "vintage" and special unis.

The league's uniform rules are extremely arbitrary & capricious. 

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

I believe they said that since the home and roads were new, they were not eligible to introduce a third at this time. Some stupid NHL uni 'law', I guess.

4 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Can't introduce a third until next year, per NHL.

I suppose we just go without one this year? Do all teams have a third? I heard maybe they’d use the 50ths for that..

Raccuia said the Sabres will attempt to wear the new white jerseys in KeyBank Center as many times as possible in the future. This will require cooperation from the visiting team because the NHL now has home teams wear a dark uniform.

I’m not sure about this.. if they wear the whites at home often won’t we rarely see the blues? I’d almost rather they just wait till the league changes it.

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I suppose we just go without one this year? Do all teams have a third? I heard maybe they’d use the 50ths for that..

I'm not sure about all teams. I'm pretty sure they said that the 50th is 'retired' (one and done) so don't get your hopes up for that as a third. These two new iterations are what you're getting for next season.

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

I'm not sure about all teams. I'm pretty sure they said that the 50th is 'retired' (one and done) so don't get your hopes up for that as a third. These two new iterations are what you're getting for next season.

More than enough for me. I’d like to see the goat head back as a third at some point but these are perfect. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.