New Royal Blue Jerseys To Debut August 11, 9am

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Something else the NHL is apparently going to allow teams to have 4 Different Jerseys or two alternates. 

This starts for the 2020-21 Season 

The Sabres could have the 50th and the Goathead as alternate in the future 

Seems slightly excessive, but it could be cool

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I am happy they kept the textured Buffalo. It really adds something without changing anything. 

texturedbuf.thumb.jpg.067c709814f16627358d4d30a6725f44.jpg

Just some other notes for those who didn't read about it. The ear hole behind the eye is gone. They cleaned up and sharpened the lines on the Buffalo's feet. They fixed the stripes on the logo to remove the clutter that seemed to surround them with a highlight. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Something else the NHL is apparently going to allow teams to have 4 Different Jerseys or two alternates. 

This is good news. The NHL's jersey rules always seemed insane to me. Let teams do as many jerseys as they want. It prints money and fans like it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

The fact that the team is pushing the league to let them wear the whites at home as much as possible is a GREAT development. The white jerseys at home, which are the best white jerseys ever made, are iconic.

The most important development. More teams need to rejoin the home whites so that the fans in attendance can see the wave of colors from around the league.

Overall -- these new threads look nice.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Merchandising! If there's anything I've learned in this universe it's the power of little plastic figures all manner of team-themed memorabilia for sale to the masses.

And I'd like to see the goathead as a fourth. I'll bet we even use them in the playoffs (to great effect) because we'll be superstitious like that.

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Just some other notes for those who didn't read about it. The ear hole behind the eye is gone. They cleaned up and sharpened the lines on the Buffalo's feet. They fixed the stripes on the logo to remove the clutter that seemed to surround them with a highlight. 

Upon further review, the changes to the logo are pretty interesting and dramatic. We're much hornier now — the horn comes to a sharp point instead of being slightly rounded. And our red eye is now Angry™ whereas the old one looked like camera red-eye.

4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

The most important development. More teams need to rejoin the home whites so that the fans in attendance can see the wave of colors from around the league.

Overall -- these new threads look nice.

I never got the logic for moving to home darks. So the road team didn't have to pack two uniforms, in case the home team was wearing its third? Is it so cumbersome to travel with two sets?

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Upon further review, the changes to the logo are pretty interesting and dramatic. We're much hornier now — the horn comes to a sharp point instead of being slightly rounded. And our red eye is now Angry™ whereas the old one looked like camera red-eye.

I never got the logic for moving to home darks. So the road team didn't have to pack two uniforms, in case the home team was wearing its third? Is it so cumbersome to travel with two sets?

Maybe because Bettman is a complete moron and a buffoon?

16 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The only thing that's interesting to me is how royal it really is. Monitors and screens can be deceiving. So far it's not as royal as I expected.

That said, they've finally tapped in the one-foot putt they should have 17 years ago. Selling the future, check. Selling the past, check. One more to go.

I had the same thought, that it still looked a bit navy.  It's crazy how a couple shadows and your monitor settings can completely mess with a picture.

Here's another thing that's nice about all of this.  I don't have to spend a penny.  My white Perreault and blue LaFontaine now go back into heavy rotation... with the gold Eichel thrown in as well.

1 minute ago, shrader said:

I had the same thought, that it still looked a bit navy.  It's crazy how a couple shadows and your monitor settings can completely mess with a picture.

Here's another thing that's nice about all of this.  I don't have to spend a penny.  My white Perreault and blue LaFontaine now go back into heavy rotation... with the gold Eichel thrown in as well.

It would be a great dissertation for someone who's studying color theory. The now-departed navy blue actually looked fine in person and very nice in one or two arenas (based on lighting/cameras, not sure which played a bigger role). I believe in Edmonton the Sabres' blue looked beautiful.

I think it'll be the same deal with the roayl. I mean, you can look back at Google images of the original blue, and sometimes it looks royal and sometimes it looks navy.

14 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Merchandising! If there's anything I've learned in this universe it's the power of little plastic figures all manner of team-themed memorabilia for sale to the masses.

And I'd like to see the goathead as a fourth. I'll bet we even use them in the playoffs (to great effect) because we'll be superstitious like that.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

You won't get a true appreciation for the royal until it's under the arena lights and on TV, IMO. Laptops and phones may tend to make it look darker than it actually is. They should really pop on TV. Can't wait to see them live.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

logochanges.thumb.PNG.ceddbdb65628c75b4b90f22eb2d5f41d.PNG

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It would be a great dissertation for someone who's studying color theory. The now-departed navy blue actually looked fine in person and very nice in one or two arenas (based on lighting/cameras, not sure which played a bigger role). I believe in Edmonton the Sabres' blue looked beautiful.

I think it'll be the same deal with the roayl. I mean, you can look back at Google images of the original blue, and sometimes it looks royal and sometimes it looks navy.

That also depends on camera tech that captured the image. Back in the day all images were distorted because the film changed the color. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

logochanges.thumb.PNG.ceddbdb65628c75b4b90f22eb2d5f41d.PNG

That also depends on camera tech that captured the image. Back in the day all images were distorted because the film changed the color. 

Even in this picture the outlines make the logo look blurry. Thank god it’s gone. If they did nothing else I would have been happy.

8 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Never thought I'd see the day where a thread didn't go off the rails ripe with disagreement, THAT says a hell of a lot of how well they did. 

I find it outrageous and frankly disqualifying that the tip of the handle is now rounded instead of tear-shaped.

WTF, Kerry?

• Haha (+1) 3

Soooo happy about this.

When the Wicked Witch asked STHers about changing the unis during the original lockout my response was DON'T change the home unis but add white (or silver considering it was the 25th anniversary season) piping to go with the gold on the roads.  Witch ignored all that and checked off "wants change" on her way to giving her boyfriend & Rigas the black & red they wanted.

Add the shoulder patches & this is almost exactly what I'd hoped for as a tweak way back when.  Like the modifications to the crest from the original.  AND we get whites at home the way God intended.

Wearing that old home sweater down south got soooo many compliments on how sharp it was.  Sooo looking forward to those being back.

But we really have to know: who kidnapped the old creative team and gave us these guys?  Whoever it is, would like to buy them a beer.

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.