New Royal Blue Jerseys To Debut August 11, 9am

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They made the crest larger. Would need to see it in person but hopefully they don't go too much larger. 

Raccuia said the Sabres will attempt to wear the new white jerseys in KeyBank Center as many times as possible in the future. This will require cooperation from the visiting team because the NHL now has home teams wear a dark uniform.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Yeah I caught myself. It's the white piping between the stripes on the blue jersey. Not sure how I feel about it, but I'll get over it lol

I'll get over it, but yeah, I don't get why they added that white in there.  It's not really necessary.  Oh, and I still miss the old socks with a ton of stripes on them.

8 minutes ago, shrader said:

I'll get over it, but yeah, I don't get why they added that white in there.  It's not really necessary.  Oh, and I still miss the old socks with a ton of stripes on them.

According to Lysowski's story it was a late addition.

"The first prototype presented to the Pegulas had three gold and two royal stripes on each arm and the waist, much like the original royal blue jersey, but this led to the white crest “dominating a sea of royal and gold,” said Cravotta.

With not enough time to work with Adidas on alterations, Cravotta, Durbin and Raccuia began to cut strips of white felt and placed them on top of the jersey in search of a solution. After a few days of working sessions in the PSE and Adpro Sports offices, the group decided on two thin, white piping between the gold and royal stripes on the arms and waist.

Photos were taken to send to ownership and Adidas, and both jerseys were finalized in late 2019.

“It’s this very slight adjustment,” Cravotta said. “That’s what we wanted. We didn’t want this banding to become overwhelming. It’s a very subtle but important detail. The white one was perfect. There was never a question in my mind, and the team that worked on it. We loved it right off the bat.”

Personally, I like the white piping. I always thought that the blues were a little too much.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

"The first prototype presented to the Pegulas had three gold and two royal stripes on each arm and the waist, much like the original royal blue jersey, but this led to the white crest “dominating a sea of royal and gold,” said Cravotta.

With not enough time to work with Adidas on alterations, Cravotta, Durbin and Raccuia began to cut strips of white felt and placed them on top of the jersey in search of a solution. After a few days of working sessions in the PSE and Adpro Sports offices, the group decided on two thin, white piping between the gold and royal stripes on the arms and waist.

Photos were taken to send to ownership and Adidas, and both jerseys were finalized in late 2019.

“It’s this very slight adjustment,” Cravotta said. “That’s what we wanted. We didn’t want this banding to become overwhelming. It’s a very subtle but important detail. The white one was perfect. There was never a question in my mind, and the team that worked on it. We loved it right off the bat.”

Personally, I like the white piping. I always that the blues were a little too much.

I agree. I think the white helps add just a little contrast. 

24 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Yeah I caught myself. It's the white piping between the stripes on the blue jersey. Not sure how I feel about it, but I'll get over it lol

At least its not a strange grey that doesn't go with anything.  They kept carrying that over from the terrible slug jerseys and i never understood why.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

This makes me want to see that version without the white.  I doubt we'll even notice those stripes on TV, but we'll see.  I wouldn't be surprised if they disappear in a couple years.

The only thing that's interesting to me is how royal it really is. Monitors and screens can be deceiving. So far it's not as royal as I expected.

That said, they've finally tapped in the one-foot putt they should have 17 years ago. Selling the future, check. Selling the past, check. One more to go.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.