New Royal Blue Jerseys To Debut August 11, 9am

Brawndo

19 minutes ago, LouBrawls said:

There are no “loopholes” because there are no rules that a team can’t use a color that isn’t in their palette. The Islanders first use of black third jersey was literally just black for black sake. There was no reason for it. Their second black jersey, black and white one was because they moved to Barclays Center and they did a Brooklyn inspired/nets jersey. It has nothing to do with the NHL shield colors.  Same goes for the Panthers using powder blue, it did not come from the European patch. There’s no way a team can have a jersey ready that quick because of a patch they wore in the first game of the year. But if you’re looking for examples of teams wearing a color that is not in their style sheet, then the Rangers navy liberty is the prime example.Also to someone else’s point, Colorado has never had navy in their uniform, Until they unveiled a navy third jersey.  Yes some of these are extensions colors, so the Rangers using navy, yes it’s in the blue family. So in that way it’s a safe, it’s not going to alienate their fans because it’s still somewhat familiar. Unlike the Islanders who came out with a black jersey and everyone was like what the hell is that?

If the Chicago Blackhawks wanted to come out with a pink jersey they could absolutely do it, there is no rule against it.

No, the league won't let them do a pink one in a game.

Why do you think it would be not allowed? Because it’s pink or because it’s not in the teams color palette?  If a team has a valid reason, story and purpose for doing that, the NHL will support it. And ultimately teams can do what they want, the NHL can’t tell them no you can’t wear pink (or whatever color it might be). 

9 hours ago, LouBrawls said:

Why do you think it would be not allowed? Because it’s pink or because it’s not in the teams color palette?  If a team has a valid reason, story and purpose for doing that, the NHL will support it. And ultimately teams can do what they want, the NHL can’t tell them no you can’t wear pink (or whatever color it might be). 

The NHL has allowed them for breast cancer and other health-awareness type things.  If the Sabres came up with a charity jersey for the United Way or Roswell Park Cancer Institute, my gut feeling is that the NHL would let it happen.

9 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

The NHL has allowed them for breast cancer and other health-awareness type things.  If the Sabres came up with a charity jersey for the United Way or Roswell Park Cancer Institute, my gut feeling is that the NHL would let it happen.

Were those pink jerseys actually worn in any games though or was it just during warmups?  I know I've seen them, just not sure where.

And on another note, a few college teams did pink jersey games, probably about 10 years ago at this point.  They were absolutely hideous.

42 minutes ago, shrader said:

Were those pink jerseys actually worn in any games though or was it just during warmups?  I know I've seen them, just not sure where.

And on another note, a few college teams did pink jersey games, probably about 10 years ago at this point.  They were absolutely hideous.

I believe they have been worn in preseason games, but I would not want to be held to that.

I think anything pink, particularly alligator shirts, is hideous -- especially when it is Pepto-Bismol pink.

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Outstanding as usual. Hope she doesn't get co-opted though. To repeat a recent idea I had: Sabres hire Melody, let her have editorial freedom to create the music she wants.

The Sabres don't have the creativity or ability to allow that level of freedom within their ranks. 

On 8/14/2020 at 2:48 PM, Ogre said:

No way they were any worse than these game worn jerseys. People actually bid on these and I still have to look at them when they’re worn to a game.

CDE4F184-0050-4F04-8FE6-43390E23D494.jpeg

That’s minor league sports for you. Baseball has a lot of hilarious stuff over the years. I’m sure the AHL has their share too. 

On 8/13/2020 at 10:04 PM, LouBrawls said:

And you know this how?   IF the Blackhawks designed a third jersey that was pink, they would absolutely be able to wear it.

Can't read your response -it's white on white and don't care to highlight it to find out what it said.  Assuming it was to the effect that the teams can do whatever they want and the league will let them.  That's not how it works.  The league has a say in all of it.

That’s exactly what it says, because it’s true. 
The nhl has a say up to point. They can’t stop a team from wearing a specific color if they want to, just as they can’t force a team into wearing something they don’t want to.  That’s how things work. 

Edited by LouBrawls

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.