New Royal Blue Jerseys To Debut August 11, 9am

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

More than enough for me. I’d like to see the goat head back as a third at some point but these are perfect. 

I just don't get the sentiment.  Was little Suzie big knockers giving BJs while Satan was sliding in empty netters.  I don't understand the need to roll out those abominations.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

They probably introduce them one at time to maximize sales if they go in that direction 

Like re-introduce the 50ths? And then another alternate? Ya I could see that, staggering it. Though I feel like many people that would buy the 50ths will have already bought it. 

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Upon further review, the changes to the logo are pretty interesting and dramatic. We're much hornier now — the horn comes to a sharp point instead of being slightly rounded. And our red eye is now Angry™ whereas the old one looked like camera red-eye.

I never got the logic for moving to home darks. So the road team didn't have to pack two uniforms, in case the home team was wearing its third? Is it so cumbersome to travel with two sets?

I feel like they change it every several years to maximize jersey sales. Get home fans buying both. 

12 minutes ago, inkman said:

I just don't get the sentiment.  Was little Suzie big knockers giving BJs while Satan was sliding in empty netters.  I don't understand the need to roll out those abominations.  

Two of the Sabres best teams in recent history wore the Goathead. It's oozing with nostalgia for a large portion of the fan base.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

It would be a great dissertation for someone who's studying color theory. The now-departed navy blue actually looked fine in person and very nice in one or two arenas (based on lighting/cameras, not sure which played a bigger role). I believe in Edmonton the Sabres' blue looked beautiful.

I think it'll be the same deal with the roayl. I mean, you can look back at Google images of the original blue, and sometimes it looks royal and sometimes it looks navy.

Either way, I’m just happy we won’t look like the Pittsburgh Steelers anymore

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

Well, it’s subjective. I liked those unis. And they remind me of success. 

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

I agree completely and you do have a way with words.  Awesome!!

12 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Two of the Sabres best teams in recent history wore the Goathead. It's oozing with nostalgia for a large portion of the fan base.

Yep. I’m 33. 05-06 is still prime for me. Maybe the Hasek runs. 

I love this jersey best but I’ll always have a spot for the Goat. To me, it has its place as a worthy THIRD. 

59 minutes ago, shrader said:

I found another nitpick.  The blue jersey needs the gold collar.  If they were worried about it being too blue, that does help quite a bit.

I respectfully disagree.  I like the clean OG look of the matching collar and it avoids the toilet seat collar problem on NHL and NFL jerseys.  Would it be out of place if we had gold collars? No.

31 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

My only complaint is the Crest is to big

I love the oversized crest.  We have a great logo and it should be showcased.  It's big and and beautiful and in your face.  Plus Hairy Buffalo.  Going bigger on the crest is enabled by the clean look granted by not going with the gold collar.  A big logo and a gold collar could end up a little cluttered or misproportioned.

14 minutes ago, 3putt said:

Hate the white on the Blue ones.  Might as well use St. Louis' leftovers.

I initially looked at it funny for a second, but it's a neat detail that adds pop and depth of field to the stripes that prevents them from looking flat.  They're perfectly thin.  And it sure as ***** doesn't look like any thing St Louis ever had or was ever close to having.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

I respectfully disagree.  I like the clean OG look of the matching collar and it avoids the toilet seat collar problem on NHL and NFL jerseys.  Would it be out of place if we had gold collars? No.

I love the oversized crest.  We have a great logo and it should be showcased.  It's big and and beautiful and in your face.  Plus Hairy Buffalo.  Going bigger on the crest is enabled by the clean look granted by not going with the gold collar.  A big logo and a gold collar could end up a little cluttered or misproportioned.

I initially looked at it funny for a second, but it's a neat detail that adds pop and depth of field to the stripes that prevents them from looking flat.  They're perfectly thin.  And it sure as ***** doesn't look like any thing St Louis ever had or was ever close to having.

Absolutely an All-Time League logo. Top 5. 

I mean, it’s got both the Buffalo and the Sabres themselves right there! 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Yep. I’m 33. 05-06 is still prime for me. Maybe the Hasek runs. 

I love this jersey best but I’ll always have a spot for the Goat. To me, it has its place as a worthy THIRD. 

33 here too, so we probably have a lot of the same memories. I hadn't experienced the original jerseys long enough to be upset when they went to the Goathead, so it wasn't a THING for me at 9 years old. My formative memories as a Sabres fan involve the Goathead.

As I got older I certainly longed for the return to blue and gold, but I never hated the Goathead like I would end up hating the Slug. The Slug was an abomination and a harbinger of the mediocre things to come. The Goathead was never any of those things to me.

2 hours ago, SDS said:

Dark home jerseys really pisses me off. It’s ***** entertainment. We are the fans. Do what the fans want for heaven sake. I don’t give a ***** about the equipment managers. Pay them to put the right gear together.

I know the Jets would love to get their “white out” back 

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

33 here too, so we probably have a lot of the same memories. I hadn't experienced the original jerseys long enough to be upset when they went to the Goathead, so it wasn't a THING for me at 9 years old. My formative memories as a Sabres fan involve the Goathead.

As I got older I certainly longed for the return to blue and gold, but I never hated the Goathead like I would end up hating the Slug. The Slug was an abomination and a harbinger of the mediocre things to come. The Goathead was never any of those things to me.

Yep, me to a T. 

31 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Playoffs start today. When does the GDT open? 

Oh. Right. 

There's a playoff thread but it seems to have grown into some discussion about Sean Monahan.  In recent years, we've had threads for each round.  I'll start one.

3 hours ago, darksabre said:

I guess.  I hated Hasek and most of the other players on the team. Ultimately, I remember them for failure.  

3 hours ago, darksabre said:

Well they wore it when I started being a fan in 2000 , I still love it and didn' tknow about the royal blue shirts until I got pointed out on them here.

Give me some goathead 3rd jersey please ?

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

I guess.  I hated Hasek and most of the other players on the team. Ultimately, I remember them for failure.  

I get that, but for me, I think of a team that would have won the cup if not for that ridiculous barrage of injuries. That was the culmination of those unis, if you will. 

The last time we wore them, I feel we were the best team in hockey. 

Edited by Thorny

I agree that we have a great logo. I may be biased but it is a top 5 all-time. When i see the new jersey all i am seeing is the logo.

I hated the goathead when it first came out, I came to like it after a bit of time. But one of my complaints was that the logo was to big.

It is a minor complaint and I am sure I will be able to look past it.

Edited by drnkirishone
To make people wonder why I did a edit

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.