New Royal Blue Jerseys To Debut August 11, 9am

Brawndo

So if the legs feed the wolf, and Cozens' quads are bulging, it seems appropriate that our new buffalo's legs are longer and more, uh, functional? The back legs appear to be propelling the beast. The old legs look stubby and useless below a sturdy frame by comparison, Newman-esque on might say.

Also the "action lines" above and below are much thinner, and the back hoof is a little farther away from the sabre (whereas with the outline it was actually touching it).

I can't believe I'm getting into this. It's almost like I care. What is this salty discharge?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

So if the legs feed the wolf, and Cozens' quads are bulging, it seems appropriate that our new buffalo's legs are longer and more, uh, functional? The back legs appear to be propelling the beast. The old legs look stubby and useless below a sturdy frame by comparison, Newman-esque on might say.

Also the "action lines" above and below are much thinner, and the back hoof is a little farther away from the sabre (whereas with the outline it was actually touching it).

I can't believe I'm getting into this. It's almost like I care. What is this salty discharge?

I hope that's from your eye...

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

So, the bump under the belly of the old Buffalo was actually supposed to be the knee of his back leg?  Was REALLY certain that was something else. 

Who knew?  LOL.

2 minutes ago, steveoath said:

These are immense. The whites especially.

Seriously.  Their old home whites were among THE best in the league.  Right up there with Moe-ray-all's and the Blackhawks' road reds.

We FINALLY get them back nearly a quarter century later.  #### YEAH!

• Like (+1) 1

When a lack of a shoulder patch is the only worthy complaint, theydid something right.

And honestly, wouldn't put it past them to have this "oversight" to have been intentional.  This way in 4-5 years, they can get people to once again buy brand new sweaters when they finally make these unis PERFECT.

schwing GIF

I particularly like how the piping follows the contours of the cut in the back. It also appears to have a fuller cut throughout the shoulders. 

I also like the numbers on the shoulders. It helps me when watching live and I just think it’s a lot cleaner look.

Looks like I will be spending some $ after all.

They even got the pants & socks done well too.

Hockey pants look better with stripes rather than the plain monochromatic versions that have been so popular in the 2000's.  The Sabres bring back a stripe but not the clunky 3 stripes that used to be on them.

And the socks kept the modern look of having stripes of differing thicknesses rather than all 1" wide and 1" apart which also would've seemed dated.

The designers really hit this one out of the park.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Ice Jerseys has apparently closed, but Cool Hockey does sell authentic jerseys. 

Their website does not have the updated jerseys as of yet though. 

Heartbreaking that IceJerseys is closed. Their work was top notch and the only place I would have entertained buying a jersey from. Pro weight numbers, fully stitched. Way better than anything you could get from the NHL or Sabres stores.

I'm going to have to see how Cool Hockey does with their customization.

49 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Seriously.  Their old home whites were among THE best in the league.  Right up there with Moe-ray-all's and the Blackhawks' road reds.

We FINALLY get them back nearly a quarter century later.  #### YEAH!

Are you sure they're going back to wearing the whites at home? I thought the reporting upthread was that they would be allowed to wear them on occasion.

Just now, darksabre said:

Heartbreaking that IceJerseys is closed. Their work was top notch and the only place I would have entertained buying a jersey from. Pro weight numbers, fully stitched. Way better than anything you could get from the NHL or Sabres stores.

I'm going to have to see how Cool Hockey does with their customization.

I bought a Dahlin 50th from Ice Jerseys last year on Your Recommending them and it is a fabulous Jersey. 

It does suck they closed. 

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Are you sure they're going back to wearing the whites at home? I thought the reporting upthread was that they would be allowed to wear them on occasion.

They're trying to wear them as much as possible, but it is up to the Away team to allow it. The NHL defaults to road whites and color homes, and if both teams can't agree to it then it stays that default 

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Taro T said:

When a lack of a shoulder patch is the only worthy complaint, theydid something right.

And honestly, wouldn't put it past them to have this "oversight" to have been intentional.  This way in 4-5 years, they can get people to once again buy brand new sweaters when they finally make these unis PERFECT.

Everything is intentional. There is not one aspect of the/a jersey that isn’t parsed over by committee.

ftr, I like the no shoulder patch thing. 

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Everything is intentional. There is not one aspect of the/a jersey that isn’t parsed over by committee.

ftr, I like the no shoulder patch thing. 

I think you're in the minority on that one but that's certainly your prerogative as we all like what we like. I won't penalize them too much for an otherwise perfect jersey. A two-minute minor at most.

9 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I think you're in the minority on that one but that's certainly your prerogative as we all like what we like. I won't penalize them too much for an otherwise perfect jersey. A two-minute minor at most.

I just think it’s a way cleaner look.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I just think it’s a way cleaner look.

I get that. The original jersey didn't have them either but I think they tie everything together and make it pop. Again, they did a great job and I'm still good.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

The most important development. More teams need to rejoin the home whites so that the fans in attendance can see the wave of colors from around the league.

Overall -- these new threads look nice.

Dark home jerseys really pisses me off. It’s ***** entertainment. We are the fans. Do what the fans want for heaven sake. I don’t give a ***** about the equipment managers. Pay them to put the right gear together.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.