New Royal Blue Jerseys To Debut August 11, 9am

Brawndo

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

The icethetics graphic says it'll be based on the WC logo without the NY. Just wondering what was special about that logo.

They're probably not aiming more broadly than the Buffalo audience and going with the most recent time that logo was used.

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Anyone else think 9am is a weird announcement time for this? Figured they'd want a more prime time

Could be a couple reasons, the NHL probably doe not want interference with the playoffs starting tomorrow night. 

Plus it gives them 3 hours of radio and TV Exposure. They’ll have the last hour of Howard Simon Show and two hours of the Instigators to discuss it, before yielding to football.  They will probably have Kevyn Adams or Eric Bodamer on to discuss it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

The icethetics graphic says it'll be based on the WC logo without the NY. Just wondering what was special about that logo.

Thick white embroidered stitching around the outline of Buffalo which was/is unique for that game.

The grips of the saber were embroidered in a zip zag pattern making the spiral of the handle more apparent than in past versions where the straight line behind the spiral is also included.  Also, the speed swishes are thinner and with more thickness at the lead than the tail like the "official" logo was set up way back when but rarely translated onto the actual sweaters.

Those were the main differences from a quick perusal of both the original 70's - 90's vintages & 2nd winter classic sweaters.

• Thanks (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It is the best thing to happen to our logo ever. 

Thinking back carefully about allof the crest iterations and detail changes, this could ultimately be correct.  I really do like the modernization update from the 1994 logo to 2010, minus the choice of navy over royal and the continuance of gray.  But this is a logo feature addition that really adds to the crest some visual depth, flash, and a feeling of regality without taking anything away at all; there's no downside or regret.  And I don't think you can say that about any logo except the original.  And you don't have to change signage or images or trademark patents.  You limit the change to only jerseys -on the players and on the fans- for a cool sense of exclusivity.

I’m getting the sense that it will be the originals with some subtle variations that echo the variations of the 50th.

Unlike the rest of you bitter old men, I already have my wallet open.

Been saving 26 for this one.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’m getting the sense that it will be the originals with some settle variations that echo the variations of the 50th.

15 for me. 15 in blue, 26 in white, maybe Cozens or whomever steps up in alternate 

Edited by WildCard

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I’m getting the sense that it will be the originals with some subtle variations that echo the variations of the 50th.

At least they let you change the nameplate on the back after the guy gets traded 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Taro T said:

Thick white embroidered stitching around the outline of Buffalo which was/is unique for that game.

The grips of the saber were embroidered in a zip zag pattern making the spiral of the handle more apparent than in past versions where the straight line behind the spiral is also included.  Also, the speed swishes are thinner and with more thickness at the lead than the tail like the "official" logo was set up way back when but rarely translated onto the actual sweaters.

Those were the main differences from a quick perusal of both the original 70's - 90's vintages & 2nd winter classic sweaters.

This is how you do it, chumps.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.