New Royal Blue Jerseys To Debut August 11, 9am

Brawndo

23 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

I am 50% ecstatic that they're finally going back to the proper color, and 50% dreading it, as the entire endeavor is sure to be hilariously botched in some respect, as PSE just can't help themselves.

I remember when the slug came out after Larry Quinn had the original road jersey on display at a press conference as the "new 3rds".  That sucked.

One thing that bugs me is that they seemed to know the navy colour scheme didn't work: the 40th anniversary, the 50th anniversary, and the two Winter Classic jerseys were far more popular than the ones they normally used.

Although they were not my taste, I think they consider having the shoulder patches have the red-black-grey of the demonic goat and crossed sabres as a nod to those fans.  JMO.

This is the Head of Creative Design for Adidas, who was directly involved in the design of this jersey, as well as the 50th and the 2018 WC. He’s from North Tonawanda and currently resides in East Aurora and a Huge Sabres Fan

Edited by Brawndo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gabrielor said:

A whole week to announce a jersey? Biron also said something about 'surprises'...

I'd happily take the 50th one's as a third.

An entire week sounds pretty silly, especially if everything is so dire that 1/3 of the scouting department needed to be axed plus all the other cost-cutting. I mean... Seattle unveiled an entire franchise (video, overlong speeches, name, and jerseys) in about 35 minutes. I guess there's desperation to distract us from the start of the actual Stanley Cup playoff?

32 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This is the Head of Creative Design for Adidas, who was directly involved in the design of this jersey, as well as the 50th and the 2018 WC. He’s from East Aurora and a Huge Sabres Fan

He’s from North Tonawanda. He lives in East Aurora.

[/pedant]

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Put a team in the playoffs. I don't give a flying F what shade of blue you wear.

That won't happen in the next 4 years so at least look good, looking like crap.

I am 100% sure they will still fck the whole jersey up because that's what happens every time they try to give the fans something we want.

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ten years of hemming and hawing over the shade of blue. You get your wish and now we don't care. I called it.

You never miss an opportunity to piss in the Cheerios of a justifiably displeased Sabres fan do you?

Some fans cared, some don’t. I never did. Still don’t. 

18 minutes ago, SwampD said:

You never miss an opportunity to piss in the Cheerios of a justifiably displeased Sabres fan do you?

Some fans cared, some don’t. I never did. Still don’t. 

Enough fans cared to make it an issue for years. Now on to the next thing: trading Jack Eichel.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

4 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I remember when the slug came out after Larry Quinn had the original road jersey on display at a press conference as the "new 3rds".  That sucked.

One thing that bugs me is that they seemed to know the navy colour scheme didn't work: the 40th anniversary, the 50th anniversary, and the two Winter Classic jerseys were far more popular than the ones they normally used.

Although they were not my taste, I think they consider having the shoulder patches have the red-black-grey of the demonic goat and crossed sabres as a nod to those fans.  JMO.

I need the goat head erased from existence.  Fans insistence on having them incorporated somehow is an assault to my senses.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.