Hockey hot takes

drnkirishone

4 fer Monday:

3 pts for regulation win, 2 for OT win, 1 for OT loss, 1 each for a tie.  5 min OT played at 3 on 3, then its called a tie.  That’s the best set up.

Don’t ever give a goalie a contract longer than 4 years.  Never ever.

Kevyn Adams is going to prove out to be a decent GM who effectively manages the organization.  Modernizing the structure of the organization’s hockey department, greatly improving the drafting and player acquisition targets.  The Buffalo Sabres will end their playoff drought with Adams as GM.

The goat head is a great crest and should be incorporated into the Sabres new 3rd jersey.

Edited by Curt

17 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Hockey is less exciting on the bigger olympic ice sheet.  The defenses are better than the offenses, so the bigger ice makes it harder for the offense to carry the play.

100 per cent agree.

It's because the puck spends too much time outside the danger areas, like soccer.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/8/2020 at 7:34 PM, drnkirishone said:

3 on 3 hockey > 5 on 5 hockey.

I would love to see what a whole game of 3v3 would look like in the nhl

noomi rapace passion GIF

19 hours ago, Curt said:

The goat head is a great crest and should be incorporated into the Sabres new 3rd jersey.

noomi rapace passion GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

OT in the playoffs should go to 4-on-4 after the first OT period.  The quality of play keeps dropping as the game gets longer.  

You really wanted Hasek's 70 save masterpiece aborted after about 35 saves 9r for that game that was never finished in '99 to have gone to 4v4?

NHL OT is the greatest spectacle is sports.  If either team was one you cared for or hated last night, the game would've been riveting.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

does anyone know anyone that defends the draft lottery?

I don't defend the current format. I think it should be a lottery for the whole league. Your finishing position for the season should make no difference. It should be weighted based on the last years position in the lottery. Being rewarded for losing in a game that the point is winning is a just wrong.

• Thanks (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Steddy13 said:

I don't defend the current format. I think it should be a lottery for the whole league. Your finishing position for the season should make no difference. It should be weighted based on the last years position in the lottery. Being rewarded for losing in a game that the point is winning is a just wrong.

Welcome!!  Sent you a beer.

Now this hot take of yours has me wondering a bit, but I think the lottery is dumb and the arguement that it deters the most hideous of offenses is simply not true.  I say eliminate the damn lotto and just go back to the days of old and do it by standing position.

My hot take is that in addition to going back to the draft order suggested ... I would eliminate the trading of first round draft picks. 

11 hours ago, Curt said:

Examples???

Apple, beauty, bender, biscuit, celly, dangle, dirties, flow, Geno. There's plenty more, but yeah. 

"Milsie hit me with the sweet sauce, I dangled that bender and then it was wheel, snipe, celly time."

To be clear, I'm a total douche. I'm just pointing out that hockey lingo is the single douchiest sports lingo. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Apple, beauty, bender, biscuit, celly, dangle, dirties, flow, Geno. There's plenty more, but yeah. 

"Milsie hit me with the sweet sauce, I dangled that bender and then it was wheel, snipe, celly time."

To be clear, I'm a total douche. I'm just pointing out that hockey lingo is the single douchiest sports lingo. 

Haha.  You are right.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.