Leafs will be making some major trades

freester

10 hours ago, freester said:

They will be unloading some forwards Nylander? Manner? Kerfoot, Kapanen to acquire some Right sided defense.  Would you trade Risto for William Nylander?  Leafs need to unload cap. 

These concepts are incompatible.

56 minutes ago, freester said:

Nylander has an average of 6.9 million while Risto is 5.3 million and is only signed for 2 more years. It definitely saves Leafs cap space. 

No team looking to reduce cap is going after Ristolainen.  We've discussed this to death on this board.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

No team looking to reduce cap is going after Ristolainen.  We've discussed this to death on this board.  

There are virtually no teams with a surplus of good RD and excess cap space and interested in acquiring a high priced Right winger. Buffalo and Toronto make perfect trade partners other than being bitter rivals. I still think it’s more likely Toronto trades us Kerfoot and Kapanen and I doubt Nylander would want to come to Buffalo. 

There are enough other teams with movable pieces that could help the Sabres that there is no way the Sabres should trade with them unless they are somehow insane enough to trade away Marner for what Nylander is worth.

That team hasn't had a REAL D-man in ages.  Would hate to be a fan of the team that finally sends them one.  As long as their D is what it currently is, Andersson will never be good enough.  Which is good.

Edited by Taro T

On 8/9/2020 at 10:40 PM, Zamboni said:

Risto, Montour or McCabe, 2021 1st (not top 10 protected) for Marner.

^.  Why do Sabres fans feel they need to give up the farm on every trade we make?  

They aren’t trading Marner.  Sending Risto to a division rival is not smart.   Tossing in a Unprotected first would be very dumb.   

Edited by Pimlach

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

^.  Why do a Sabres fans feel they need to give up so the farm on every trade we make?  

They aren’t trading Marner.  Sending Risto to a division rival is not smart.   Tossing in a Unprotected first would be very dumb.   

Not to mention it would mess up the cap when we are trying to pay Dahlin and Joki next year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

^.  Why do a Sabres fans feel they need to give up the farm on every trade we make?  

Well, I agree that Toronto isn't going to trade Marner, but the proposed trade is far from giving up the farm. 

4 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Must be tough to watch that Leafs team knowing how much they paid for all that talent and then they can’t score a goal in a deciding playoff game. Thunk! Wow, what a disaster. 

As a Sabres fan I know the feeling. Not about us scoring in a playoff game (because its been so long since we've been in one) or about paying for talent (see half our roster), but i can still relate lol. I'm still optimistic we'll get this thing turned around though... one day. It's always darkest before the dawn & we haven't seen sunshine in a decade.

But while i think its extremely unlikely they'll trade a Marner, after getting knocked out of the playoffs in the 1st round for what, the 3rd season in a row if im not mistaken? There very well could be some thoughts that what they have now isn't working & to take an area of strength to fill out a big area of weakness. Stranger things have happened

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.