Are the hockey gods real?

Billssabres33

I’m sitting here watching playoff/play-in hockey and enjoying it...to some extent.  At times, my mind wanders into many of the discussions that have occurred here about the injustice of the draft lottery this year.  A shot at the cup AND a shot at the first overall pick?  And for teams like TORONTO, NY, Penguins, or any other undeserving team to have the opportunity to achieve one or the other in the same year?!  We struggle to figure out if we should route for or against them.  Well, I’m currently watching the Toronto/Columbus matchup and watching that privileged HC Sheldon Keefe and his befuddled look.  And i think back to all of our angst about losing out on Mike Babcock, and even our own tank year (s).  I don’t think we should worry so much about this stuff.  The hockey gods do have a say.  If, come Monday the Rangers, or the Leafs, or Pittsburgh win the Lafreniere sweepstakes, I think there will be another “leveling”.  I know it’s hard to sell this to a team like ours who has been wronged so many times.  But I am happy to say that it looks like the LEFFS are DONE!  (Goal # 3 was just scored by Columbus).  and I don’t care if they win the lottery on Monday.  I am ALWAYS happy to see them lose.  As i am sure most of their fans feel the same way about the Sabres.  I think the hockey gods justice will prevail.   Could be a momentous shift in hockey gods thinking coming up!!  Go Sabres!

Of course they’re real. The Sabres committed the two most grievous  offenses possible, on Black Sunday and then the tank, and for those sins were sentenced, correctly, to a generation in the wilderness.

If we are very lucky, Cozens and RK will prove to be the ones sent by the hockey gods to lead us into the promised land, having decided that we’ve suffered enough.  But we need to trust the process and not screw it up again.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Of course they’re real. The Sabres committed the two most grievous  offenses possible, on Black Sunday and then the tank, and for those sins were sentenced, correctly, to a generation in the wilderness.

If we are very lucky, Cozens and RK will prove to be the ones sent by the hockey gods to lead us into the promised land, having decided that we’ve suffered enough.  But we need to trust the process and not screw it up again.

Does Eichel have to die without entering The Promised Land? What will be his sin? He's gonna get caught with ranch on his wings, isn't he? The Unfaithfulness at Duff's.

• Like (+1) 1

Of course they are real, and last night they saw a bunch of Sabres fans prematurely dancing on the grave of the not dead yet Leafs and said,... I smite thee!

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The tank worked, the rebuild didn't. This is an automated response. 

We didn’t need to sacrifice 2+ seasons in order to get to a rebuild. This is an automated response.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, erickompositör72 said:

...which is like saying- "McKinley didn't die from the shooting, he died of sepsis"

Incredibly astute historical analogy.  Have you been to The Roosevelt inaugural site?  Renovated a few years ago.  Quite impressive. 

on topic - if there are hockey gods, then a team like Minnesota or Nash should win.  But there aren’t and we need to reluctantly cheer for a Toronto victory so there can be zero percent chance for the Leaves to win.  

Edited by Broken Ankles
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.