Best Wings in Buffalo?

Andrew Amerk

1 hour ago, Tondas said:

Just curious.  What's your favorite: Drums or Flats?  I used to be drums but have since moved to flats.

Drums only. And there’s a couple spots here in Rochester that will accommodate that. (Fatsos)

Edited by Andrew Amerk

My wife is not from Buffalo, and I asked her if she preferred drums or flats.  She said, "What's a drum or a flat?"  Divorce proceedings are now in effect.  Heaven forbid I ask her Blue Cheese or Ranch.

• Haha (+1) 2

If you're ever in Cleveland, stop at the Ice House Tavern 10036 Brookpark Road in Brooklyn, Ohio.  It's right off I-480 and right near Barons Bus Lines Arena, where your kid might play.

Their mild wings with blue cheese are the best wings I've ever had, and I've taken several Western New Yorkers there who agree.  Give 'em a try.  You won't be sorry you did!

Best Wings in Cleveland!!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/4/2020 at 9:31 AM, inkman said:

This obsession with getting the biggest wings needs to stop.  I have no desire for anything that I can't chomp in a couple of bites.  The exterior of the wing is what makes a wing.  

Amen. Too big - they just throw off my rhythm. 

On 8/6/2020 at 8:35 AM, ubkev said:

I prefer a 2:1 flats to drums ratio, but both must be present. Maybe a 1.5:1 ratio. 

That is a good mix indeed. Flats have the edge in texture and juiciness; drummies can dry out sometimes. But when you really want a deep hit of blue cheese, the drummy is the perfect vehicle. 

11 minutes ago, Skibum said:

That is a good mix indeed. Flats have the edge in texture and juiciness; drummies can dry out sometimes. But when you really want a deep hit of blue cheese, the drummy is the perfect vehicle. 

First off ***** blue cheese.  Secondly, I don't look for juiciness in a piece of meat the size of my thumb.  

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

First off ***** blue cheese.  Secondly, I don't look for juiciness in a piece of meat the size of my thumb.  

I think I wing should weigh about an ounce and a half. 4.5 - 5 lbs of wings should be around 50 wings. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.