Jump to content

Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread


Recommended Posts

I don't get all the fuss over comparing the two, ROR winning and then Bogo. ROR was a centrepiece, conn Smythe winner. Bogo was scratched during games in the final. 

I'm not happy for them OR upset at them, I don't know them personally. They won. Good for them. 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thorny said:

I don't get all the fuss over comparing the two, ROR winning and then Bogo. ROR was a centrepiece, conn Smythe winner. Bogo was scratched during games in the final. 

I'm not happy for them OR upset at them, I don't know them personally. They won. Good for them. 

I don't see the fuss.  Is it here or somewhere else?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I don't see the fuss.  Is it here or somewhere else?

I fussed. Mostly I don't care, but the "because Buffalo" crowd will put it on the table and it's annoying.  I agree @Thorny they are much different in significance, but both were massive failures here and I put that on the player, not the GMs/owners. Pair it with the Eichel thread/rumors and yeah what fun it is to be a Sabres fan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed the hockey, live entertainment vs Netflix reruns and such.

I thought they did a great job with the bubbles and keeping people safe. It was tough on the players but it was a legitimate Stanley Cup playoff.

I have no idea how the next season will proceed but I am hopeful there will be some good plans being discussed.

  • Like (+1) 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Getpucksdeep said:

I fussed. Mostly I don't care, but the "because Buffalo" crowd will put it on the table and it's annoying.  I agree @Thorny they are much different in significance, but both were massive failures here and I put that on the player, not the GMs/owners. Pair it with the Eichel thread/rumors and yeah what fun it is to be a Sabres fan.

Not sure they were both massive failures in Buffalo.  ROR played good hockey.  Bogo played ok, and with passion, when healthy (which was rare).  

The GMs/owners are culpable for the excessive and unprecedented losing.   The GMs and owners put a bad product on the ice and help foster a bad culture.  I think GMTM and Bots were both terrible.  I don’t expect either to ever be a GM in the NHL again either.  

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Not sure they were both massive failures in Buffalo.  ROR played good hockey.  Bogo played ok, and with passion, when healthy (which was rare).  

The GMs/owners are culpable for the excessive and unprecedented losing.   The GMs and owners put a bad product on the ice and help foster a bad culture.  I think GMTM and Bots were both terrible.  I don’t expect either to ever be a GM in the NHL again either.  

 

Good take. I’ll add that the buck stops with the owners. They’ve basically dragged a once proud franchise through the mud to a point where the Sabres are the butt of jokes throughout the league and likely top 3 on players no trade lists. Its way past time to turn this thing around and they hire a rookie Gm. I have some hope left in the hope tank but I’m running on fumes at this point.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

How does Tampa stay-under the cap? I mean they really didn’t even need Stamkos to win. 

I really don't know how. Their players seem made to sign below market value and on NTCs. It's their lot in life. But Sergachev had better get a $6M/year offer and Cirelli should be offer sheeted by half the league. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...