Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

4 hours ago, inkman said:

He tried to sever his Achilles tendon with his skate.  I don't care at all about any of these people but I recognize filth when I see it.  

I’m torn on this. I think every player does ***** on every play that could potentially injure. They do it on purpose and they do it knowing the potential outcome. Not sure it’s dirty since they all do it under the guise of competing.

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Funny how that works. 

If we rostered an entire team of scumbags, the whatever it’s called right now Arena would be sold out. 

Would you like to call up Jarkko Ruutu out of retirement?

9 hours ago, inkman said:

He tried to sever his Achilles tendon with his skate.  I don't care at all about any of these people but I recognize filth when I see it.  

Yup, he lifts his skate blade on purpose, no question. He's an extremely dirty player imo but having said that you and I both know if he was on the Sabres we'd love him. 

Blue Jackets played a great disciplined game. Now imagine what the history of the Sabres might have been if we'd hung on to Torts and he coached us for decades..........Him and Trotts are without question the best 2 coaches in the league. Their teams are always better than the talent they have to work with. If only........

Edited by PerreaultForever

I want more info before I decide if the hit was dirty. We don’t even know the injury. It looks like he twisted his ankle or knee. What does that have to do with an attempted cut? How would you cut someone’s tendon when the skates protect that area, as do the shin pads. I can maybe see that he tried to kick his ankle, but it was such a bang bang play, I just don’t see it. 

33 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I want more info before I decide if the hit was dirty. We don’t even know the injury. It looks like he twisted his ankle or knee. What does that have to do with an attempted cut? How would you cut someone’s tendon when the skates protect that area, as do the shin pads. I can maybe see that he tried to kick his ankle, but it was such a bang bang play, I just don’t see it. 

This video is the best I've found

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

This video is the best I've found

I'm not trying to be difficult, but "All players know you don't take a skate off the ice..." huh? 

He stopped with one skate and was pivoting around. The announcer says he is guilty whether he did it on purpose or not? That's silly. I do not see any kicking at all. I see two guys changing direction really quickly and manuvering to get back in play. You can stop on one skate to swing around easier, if that makes sense. If I had to make the call on this one I'd say no dirty play. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I'm not trying to be difficult, but "All players know you don't take a skate off the ice..." huh? 

He stopped with one skate and was pivoting around. The announcer says he is guilty whether he did it on purpose or not? That's silly. I do not see any kicking at all. I see two guys changing direction really quickly and manuvering to get back in play. You can stop on one skate to swing around easier, if that makes sense. If I had to make the call on this one I'd say no dirty play. 

You also don’t extend your leg if you are trying to stop. He was trying to trip him and ended up injuring him.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

Trip him or kick his leg out from under him. He is known for slew footing. Should be gone for 20 games.

I am wondering if the DOPS would do anything different if it were AM that was injured.

Edited by Ducky
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I didn't listen to whatever audio you are referencing.  Let's give Keith's son (as I don't know which scumbag this current one is) the benefit of the doubt and he was incidentally lifting his skate for some unknown reason at that juncture.  He's still responsible for his skate blade just like his stick.  

13 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I agree with I think @DarthEbriate -- didn't look intentional, can't be sure, and Tkachuk has forfeited the benefit of the doubt with numerous prior dirty plays.

Replay is as clear as day - and it’s why the league didn’t even take a look at it. 

Tkachuk’s skate *clearly* catches the ice pre-impact, causing it to elevate slightly, as you can see, it directs itself on an un-moving path towards Scheifele after slightly bouncing off the ice - which is a huge tell. There is no manual change of direction or impact, it simply continues it’s course after ice impact.

I hate the “if you played” argument cause it’s usually dumb but this happens *all* the time mid game. It’s an aggressive play and angle taken by Tkachuk, but as far as I know, that in itself is not a suspendable act.

@Ducky should get his bias checked. 

Edited by Thorny

45 minutes ago, WildCard said:

So is it the lowest seed that loses in the Qualifying round that gets Lanfriere?

No, all the losers get entered into an equally weighted draw. Therefore, an undeserving team can/will get it ala Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, etc.

The *worst* team that can win it is Montreal, 24th ranked. It was a mess as soon as the draw allowed for a non-bottom 7 team to win.

Edited by Thorny
  • Thanks (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Thorny said:

No, all the losers get entered into an equally weighted draw. Therefore, an undeserving team can/will get it ala Pittsburgh, Winnipeg, etc.

The *worst* team that can win it is Montreal, 24th ranked. It was a mess as soon as a the draw allowed for a non-bottom 7 team to win.

I hope it's the Wild or the Flames. 

53 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The *worst* team that can win it is Montreal, 24th ranked. It was a mess as soon as the draw allowed for a non-bottom 7 team to win.

Exactly. They should have had a draw for the top 2 and made it for only the teams 1-7. Can't wait for a team with a rusty gt like the Capitals or Lightning (do they both have their picks?) to win Lafrienere. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Replay is as clear as day - and it’s why the league didn’t even take a look at it. 

Tkachuk’s skate *clearly* catches the ice pre-impact, causing it to elevate slightly, as you can see, it directs itself on an un-moving path towards Scheifele after slightly bouncing off the ice - which is a huge tell. There is no manual change of direction or impact, it simply continues it’s course after ice impact.

I hate the “if you played” argument cause it’s usually dumb but this happens *all* the time mid game. It’s an aggressive play and angle taken by Tkachuk, but as far as I know, that in itself is not a suspendable act.

@Ducky should get his bias checked. 

You should get your eyes checked. He lifted his skate and tried to kick out Scheif's leg but came down on it instead. Would you have the same opinion if it were Eichel that got injured?

17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Exactly. They should have had a draw for the top 2 and made it for only the teams 1-7. Can't wait for a team with a rusty gt like the Capitals or Lightning (do they both have their picks?) to win Lafrienere. 

The top 4 teams of each conference don't qualify I believe for the draw

14 minutes ago, Ducky said:

You should get your eyes checked. He lifted his skate and tried to kick out Scheif's leg but came down on it instead. Would you have the same opinion if it were Eichel that got injured?

100%. Your bias remains unchecked. One of Eichel's ankle injuries involved an aggressive boards play. 

Maurice is an absolute baby and his team follows his lead. They took at the very least 3-4 dirty runs at Gaudreau and Monahan post Tkachuk play, (jUsTiCe)  including making Tkachuk fight, Wheeler getting his clock cleaned in the process.

I'm sure they'll luck into 1st overall undeservedly so I wouldn't worry too much. 

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

The top 4 teams of each conference don't qualify I believe for the draw

Yet 7th overall Pittsburgh could. But yes not those teams.

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Cool, that is good at least. Still leaves Toronto and Pittsburgh out there as possible winners. 

To me, any team that wins it shouldn't be winning it. They are 24th best and better, and, basically in the playoffs too

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

100%. Your bias remains unchecked. One of Eichel's ankle injuries involved an aggressive boards play. 

Maurice is an absolute baby and his team follows his lead. They took at the very least 3-4 dirty runs at Gaudreau and Monahan post Tkachuk play, (jUsTiCe)  including making Tkachuk fight, Wheeler getting his clock cleaned in the process.

I'm sure they'll luck into 1st overall undeservedly so I wouldn't worry too much. 

Crying about the lottery is fitting coming from you.

Making Tkachuk fight? That almost made me spit out my beer. You're funny. You should try it as a living. Best one I heard all day. Or did you mean because Tkachuk usually turtles???

Edited by Ducky

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

Crying about the lottery is fitting coming from you.

Making Tkachuk fight? That almost made me spit out my beer. You're funny. You should try it as a living. Best one I heard all day. Or did you mean because Tkachuk usually turtles???

Lol 

The Jets have won the same amount of lottery drawings as Buffalo since they returned. 

The rest of your post is just annoying garbage 

Edited by Thorny

5 hours ago, Ducky said:

Trip him or kick his leg out from under him. He is known for slew footing. Should be gone for 20 games.

I am wondering if the DOPS would do anything different if it were AM that was injured.

I just wish someone would knock his mouthpiece down his throat. He chews on that thing like he just tooted a huge rail.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.