Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

On 9/12/2020 at 10:48 PM, Thorny said:

Khudobin is carrying Dallas 

Dallas sucks, Vegas I find entertaining 

On 9/12/2020 at 10:53 PM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I hate Dallas

Dallas is pretty boring. I was hoping for Vegas in that matchup, but it doesn’t look like it’s meant to be. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Hate the delay of game, but at least it's consistent. Damn Dallas, I kinda hate all the teams left. 

I hated all of the teams left already.  It's time that Tampa ends the Isles, and hopefully whichever team wins does so 4-0 so we can move on to next season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

I'm somewhat intrigued by a Dallas/Tampa final.

I think it could be thumpin'.

I will not apologize for liking physical hockey.

With you on loving physical hockey but do you really think we'd get that? I dunno, there's been some physical moments in this bubble hockey but overall I think the nastiness and level of intensity and physicality is at an all time low. Am I wrong? Is it just my perception with the somewhat flat bubble atmosphere (no boos and home crowd stuff)? Certainly not the same level as last year, but maybe in this era that was the outlier. 

Wish Jamie Benn was a Sabre that's for sure. 

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

With you on loving physical hockey but do you really think we'd get that? I dunno, there's been some physical moments in this bubble hockey but overall I think the nastiness and level of intensity and physicality is at an all time low. Am I wrong? Is it just my perception with the somewhat flat bubble atmosphere (no boos and home crowd stuff)? Certainly not the same level as last year, but maybe in this era that was the outlier. 

Wish Jamie Benn was a Sabre that's for sure. 

Couldn't be lower than that Tampa vs Chicago final a few years back.

I hope.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Thorny said:

.... and there it is. The NHL is so maddeningly stupid sometimes. In OT, the officials let everything go but the over the glass call, which remains an automatic call. In effect, the over the glass minor is weighted much more severely than the other penalties. 

I've always said that it should be treated like icing -- faceoff in your own zone without the possibility of substitution -- not a penalty.  Maybe have a flagrant version that is a delay of game penalty (ref's discretion) for those cases when a team is hemmed in badly and the player just flips it straight up over the boards to get a stoppage.  I assume that used to happen, thus the rule, so having it on the books should still prevent it.  For accidental ones, though, it shouldn't be a penalty.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, carpandean said:

I assume that used to happen, thus the rule, so having it on the books should still prevent it.  For accidental ones, though, it shouldn't be a penalty.

Yeah, that used to happen, and the referee's discretion was inconsistently applied, so now it's automatic.  Frankly, this is better than leaving it up to the refs to decide whether it was intentional.  I'm not sure it warrants a two minute penalty, as you say, but discretion is a bad thing here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.