Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

12 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Feel bad for Joonas, he played lights out. 

Milbury - " I'm not sure which goalie played better, I can't decide". How bout the one with 85 saves that blew the old record out of the water, vs 61 saves? Guy is such a doosh.

Aka he hates any team that isn’t Bastin.

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1

Milbury (and others) seem so certain that Hedman did not take a penalty against Atkinson, but I'm not convinced.  Hedman came from behind (Atkinson had a step), swung his stick around, missed the puck and hit Atkinson on the skate.  This caused Atkinson to go down and lose control of the puck.  What am I missing?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Milbury (and others) seem so certain that Hedman did not take a penalty against Atkinson, but I'm not convinced.  Hedman came from behind (Atkinson had a step), swung his stick around, missed the puck and hit Atkinson on the skate.  This caused Atkinson to go down and lose control of the puck.  What am I missing?

I agree with this, and was wondering what everyone else on the broadcast saw. 

He didn’t touch the puck, he actually whacked Cams skates instead. 

35 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I agree with this, and was wondering what everyone else on the broadcast saw. 

He didn’t touch the puck, he actually whacked Cams skates instead. 

That's a penalty everytime if it's during regulation. There was even a worse non-call on Seth Jones, earlier in the OT's, who was tackled by the head when he was in alone on the goalie. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, carpandean said:

My take was that Hedman had his left glove against his lower back and gave him a push, which is legal, and he lost his balance.

3 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Nada. They didn't even make a big deal of it during the broadcast, but play was going end to end at the time without any whistles. It was pretty blatant to me. I'll look around though.

I didn’t think it was even close to a penalty. And I hate Tampa.

Good no call.

Now, the blatant elbow to Gerbe’s head I can’t explain.

This is all I could find. Although Seth Jones called the officiating "suspect" during the OT's.

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I didn’t think it was even close to a penalty. And I hate Tampa.

Good no call.

Now, the blatant elbow to Gerbe’s head I can’t explain.

That was incidental contact. Remember, Gerbe is 4' 3".

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

This is all I could find. Although Seth Jones called the officiating "suspect" during the OT's.

That was incidental contact. Remember, Gerbe is 4' 3".

Cute. No, the guy was looking right at him and skated into him with his elbow. Completely intentional.

Didn’t see the Seth Jones thing.

23 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Cute. No, the guy was looking right at him and skated into him with his elbow. Completely intentional.

Didn’t see the Seth Jones thing.

More like Gerbe skated into McDonagh. Nathan was sight seeing through center ice. Not intentional. No penalty for an elbow or interference. Won't even be reviewed by player safety I bet.

Edited by Claude Balls

10 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Feel bad for Joonas, he played lights out. 

Milbury - " I'm not sure which goalie played better, I can't decide". How bout the one with 85 saves that blew the old record out of the water, vs 61 saves? Guy is such a doosh.

How do they put Milbury on these broadcasts? He's terrible. Brings nothing to the game and sounds like he's whining about everything

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.