Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

11 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I just need Columbus to win their series so Leafs nation can just shut up.

I'd rather see the Leafs beat the Jackets in a long, back and forth 5 game angst filled series...only to have their head handed to them in the next series.

Just as enjoyable for me...but it ensure no chance they get that top pick.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This is a good call, even though wrong, considering how often I'm sarcastic. It can read both ways haha but no. 

When I think of “cool” NHL players, Ovi and Malkin and Subban come to mind. 

Aostan seems pretentious to me. Like his parents could be Chet and Muffy, and he overvalues some unknown indie band that thinks they’re ironic And misunderstood but in reality their music just sucks. 

Also the mooning incident doesn’t sound “cool” to me either. Maybe when I was 12ish. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

When I think of “cool” NHL players, Ovi and Malkin and Subban come to mind. 

Aostan seems pretentious to me. Like his parents could be Chet and Muffy, and he overvalues some unknown indie band that thinks they’re ironic And misunderstood but in reality their music just sucks. 

Also the mooning incident doesn’t sound “cool” to me either. Maybe when I was 12ish. 

To be honest I didn't even think about that.

That can't even be dismissed with "just someone being a young kid" either, it was straight ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I suppose it's safe to say the league would be pretty happy if LaFrenierre ended up in Montreal. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if that happens. 

I also wouldn’t be shocked if he doesn’t live up to expectations. 

12 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Oh, God, no.  Just no.  Anyone but that.  Even the team from The Great Satan.

My fearless prediction ... The Sabres won't win a damn thing.  Nadda.  Zilch.

Why does everyone hate Vegas? Lol 

I'd rather some newbie fans get a title and hooked on the game than some long standing fans of other teams who have been beaking me about the Sabres for years. 

Shh. The Vegas fans don't know we're the nerds yet. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

Why isn't this the 'Stanley Cup Qualifiers 2020 Thread'?  ?

This is like watching the end of the season, after the Sabres have been officially eliminated, to see who makes the playoffs. 

Wake me when the actual playoffs start ... ?

(In all seriousness, I forgot that they had started.) Edit: apparently, that's because they haven't really started.

Edited by carpandean

On 7/30/2020 at 8:44 AM, carpandean said:

Why isn't this the 'Stanley Cup Qualifiers 2020 Thread'?  ?

This is like watching the end of the season, after the Sabres have been officially eliminated, to see who makes the playoffs. 

Wake me when the actual playoffs start ... ?

(In all seriousness, I forgot that they had started.) Edit: apparently, that's because they haven't really started.

Noon today

The Canes are incredible at creating offense with the puck. They started building toward this in 2015. 

Jason and Ralph talking about how important it is that our guys are so close was/is nice, but it takes a long time to get this good at hockey, and it still feels like we haven't started down a road that will develop into something like this on the ice yet given that we are still the worst chance-generation team in the league three years running

Edited by Randall Flagg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.