Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

9 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Such a boring team. 

They managed to make the series against Vegas hard to watch and boring, and they’re doing it again. 

That may be, but they are in the Stanley Cup Finals while those who dislike the way they play are left with nothing but to complain about it. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Nah, I don't care. I just acknowledge that he is (more was, but still a little bit) a good hockey player with an edge to his game that helps win games. Every winning line up needs some guys like that on it. 

Amazing how the stench of a bad contract can change the perception of a player.   Perry played in my backyard, and all we heard from the local paper/media was he should retire and the GM should be fired for giving such a bad contract.  (Sound familiar?)  The Ducks will still be hamstrung by the buyout for three more years.   But without a looming cap hit, and playing for $1.5m this season,  the narrative has changed, and the player can actually exceed expectations.  And he has exceeded all expectations.  

9 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Amazing how the stench of a bad contract can change the perception of a player.   Perry played in my backyard, and all we heard from the local paper/media was he should retire and the GM should be fired for giving such a bad contract.  (Sound familiar?)  The Ducks will still be hamstrung by the buyout for three more years.   But without a looming cap hit, and playing for $1.5m this season,  the narrative has changed, and the player can actually exceed expectations.  And he has exceeded all expectations.  

Absolutely. and he's a playoff guy. different role and set of expectations like you said. 

22 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Watching both teams in the tunnels getting ready to take the ice,... I’ll say it again, these teams are huge.

https://www.hoc-key-talk.com/home/sizing-up-the-nhl-2019-20-nhl-teams-by-age-height-weight-and-nationality

At least looking at the rosters heading into the season, looks like the numbers bear this out. Well, aside from Tampa being actually on the slightly shorter side. 

Dallas is heavy AND tall and Tampa is pretty heavy. 

Edited by Thorny

Dallas does realize that almost always, you need to shoot to score a goal, right?

14 minutes ago, SwampD said:

They are older.

I noticed that on the Tampa goal (the first one, as this thread will continue).  It looked like Flyers version of Derian Hatcher back there.

48 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Point probably skews their numbers a fair bit, being only 5'10.  

24 minutes for Hedman I think more than make up for it.😀

11 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Halfway through the game, Dallas has 7 shots on goal.  That includes two powerplays.  While, yes, as above, at least they made it to the finals and 29 other teams didn't, this is not a formula for winning hockey.

They look pretty tired. Although, they did at times last game as well.

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

The lack of hitting makes me sad.

The goalie is owning you behind the net? Play the puck and run him, then!

Once again, Tampa is involved in one of the more boring Stanley cup finals.

Don't excuse Dallas for its part in the boredom.  And I think the refs sent a signal in the second period about touching the goalie when they penalized Perry.  MAybe not, but just IMO.

Still, a boring series, for the most part.  Hopefully it is over very soon.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.