Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

38 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Sure it's opinion but Perry in his prime paired with Getzlaf won a cup. You telling me a guy like Perry in his prime paired with Jack wouldn't dominate? We could use as many Perrys as we can find. Cozens might be one. 

If we had Perry, for 10 years, (your timeline)  and made playoff appearances, are you telling me we would have still drafted Reinhart, Eichel, Dahlin, Ristolsinen, Zadorov, Grigorenko, Girgensons, Mitts, and Cozens? 😂

Perry would not have magically made the Sabres a often appearing playoff team. At all.

so yea, I disagree. It’s ok. It’s ok to disagree. 

Edited by Zamboni

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

If we had Perry, for 10 years, (your timeline)  and made playoff appearances, are you telling me we would have still drafted Reinhart, Eichel, Dahlin, Ristolsinen, Zadorov, Grigorenko, Girgensons, Mitts, and Cozens? 😂

Perry would not have magically made the Sabres a often appearing playoff team. At all.

so yea, I disagree. It’s ok. It’s ok to disagree. 

I'm just saying he was a very good player and adding him into the mix we'd have been better than we were. I'd be happy if we found the next Perry in this year's draft.

I'd be even happier if we added the next Pavelski in the 7th round. 🙂

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

Probably the first time in 30 years I won't watch a second of the Cup

Hockey has fallen off the cliff for me....

You are missing out. Last night's game was awesome.

Don't let the Sabres kill your love of hockey.

They've done that to enough of their own players.

20 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Probably the first time in 30 years I won't watch a second of the Cup

Hockey has fallen off the cliff for me....

And yet, here you are! So hope is not lost. The Sabres' have tried their best to ruin hockey for all of us over the past decade plus. Say a prayer, light a candle, sacrifice a chicken or 2, but keep the faith. There is hope. Changes have been made. Most of all, it can't get much worse. You've made it this far, no time to quit. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, irregularly irregular said:

And yet, here you are! So hope is not lost. The Sabres' have tried their best to ruin hockey for all of us over the past decade plus. Say a prayer, light a candle, sacrifice a chicken or 2, but keep the faith. There is hope. Changes have been made. Most of all, it can't get much worse. You've made it this far, no time to quit. 

You are definitely not welcome on Team Stormcloud. 😂

1 hour ago, irregularly irregular said:

Careful there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.