Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

18 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Watching Kiviranta’s postgame interview was awesome. I really think he was trying not to cry.

An undrafted rookie with a hat trick and the OT GWG in game 7! 

Awesome.

And the GWG was set up on a very nifty play by none other than Reggie Sekera, working from Wayne Gretzky's office.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Lehner had 3 shutouts in this series.  If he plays well in the next round, someone will give him a nice contract in the offseason.  Good for him.

Haha it's funny cause being nominated for the Vezina wasn't enough to do that already. 

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Haha it's funny cause being nominated for the Vezina wasn't enough to do that already. 

Well, I think if he had crashed and burned in the playoffs, he’d have been looking at another short-term deal from someone, especially in an offseason with plenty of available goalies.  

5 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, I think if he had crashed and burned in the playoffs, he’d have been looking at another short-term deal from someone, especially in an offseason with plenty of available goalies.  

Who cares?

He was here.

He chose himself over his team.

***** him.

I wish him no good will professionally.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Who cares?

He was here.

He chose himself over his team.

***** him.

I wish him no good will professionally.

maybe the question we need to ask is why he was that way when here and how he became different after leaving. Coincidence? Or maybe the culture here is simply not good. I don't have an answer to that but it does make me wonder. (I don't think O'Reilly has crashed into a Tim's in St. Louis either has he?)

27 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

maybe the question we need to ask is why he was that way when here and how he became different after leaving. Coincidence? Or maybe the culture here is simply not good. I don't have an answer to that but it does make me wonder. (I don't think O'Reilly has crashed into a Tim's in St. Louis either has he?)

If memory serves, O'Reilly got hammered and drove into the Hortons before he ever played a game with the sabres.

Now, the culture here does suck. But it isn't the reason that ROR DWI'd Timmy Ho's and then bought his way out of it. That has more to do with being young and rich.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, ubkev said:

If memory serves, O'Reilly got hammered and drove into the Hortons before he ever played a game with the sabres.

Now, the culture here does suck. But it isn't the reason that ROR DWI'd Timmy Ho's and then bought his way out of it. That has more to do with being young and rich.

I thought it was right after signing the big contract but I might have that memory wrong. Point is we brought him in as a key piece when he was like that. We also had party animal Kane raping the pillaging the town (allegedly) and well, in recent years there's more stories and rumours in that direction than in the dedicated athlete direction. Lehner came into that mix. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.