Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

22 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It's....Dallas should be going home. Now they are in the final 4. Big meh.

Total garbage. Amazing that I don't see this type of stuff in IIHF-sanctioned tournaments.  Thanks again, Gary.  Nice league.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He’s so good, definitely a better player right now than Dahlin.
If Rasmus can get to that level, it sure would hide a lot of other issues.

I don't think there's anything separating them that wouldn't be addressed simply through Rasmus playing as many games, and aging, the equivalent of Heiskanen. 

Oh, and playing on a competent team. 

Agree on the first bolded, the second is a given. Heiskanen is also going to get a lot better. Dahlin never reaching, in his career, the level Heiskanen is at now, would be a disaster. He's been really good, I'm posting his point projections for a reason, but, I don't believe the fact he has point totals in this playoffs rivaling the best Paul Coffey has ever done correlates to him actually being Paul Coffey good right now. 

Dahlin's metrics at the equivalent age are still every bit as good as Miro's - ppl know Dahlin was better this year, than Heiskanen was last year, right? The development still needs to, you know, happen, it's not a given, but I haven't seen anything to make me doubt my faith in Dahlin's development thus far, his numbers at the age he recorded them still compare favorably among the best we've ever seen at the same ages...

But I do know, if we don't start winning games and getting him playoff experience, he will indeed start falling behind in a way it'll be much more difficult to make up. We are honestly pretty darn lucky that Eichel fulfilled his talent prophecy in the environment we put him in. A better testament to the truth of Jack's ability than anything else. Heiskanen is super fun to watch, and he obviously has some flash. But the best part of his game, the little things - the majority of his points are tricky little zone keep ins and secondary assists beginning the rush - they are cerebral little plays we see Dahlin execute all the time. 

I'm definitely seeing a little more finish around the net, to conclude those plays, in Dallas right now. 

Edited by Thorny

17 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Vegas is playing the same schedule no ? Both teams got screwed. Apparently the Canucks asked the league to move it to sat. Night but Gary knows best. 

True it affects them both, but the underdog with the working his ass off goalie is the team that is always affected by this sort of thing more. There was no reason for it except to favour favourites. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

7 shots on goal for Vancouver....DEMKO has been great but GEEZ....take a few more shots on Lehner

Yeah the shot disparity is insane. If Vegas loses this, a lot of their players are gonna be crushed. They would be anyways but you know what i mean hahaimage.thumb.png.ccd434eb0a97c12d3c7629cc4485aefb.png

Edited by In The Buff

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.