Stanley Cup Playoffs 2020 Thread

Andrew Amerk

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Most definitely, but not by me, and almost 35 years ago.

Oh own it.  

If I had kept my collection of signs from 35 years ago, I could start a new city.  Complete with different turn indications that would lead to total confusion.

Edited by Eleven

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Oh own it.  

If I had kept my collection of signs from 35 years ago, I could start a new city.  Complete with different turn indications that would lead to total confusion.

Wish I could, but real story is even better. I work with a guy from Woodstock who went to college in WNY. He and his buddy had a whole system where when heading home on breaks, they would take them down and leave them, to be picked up on subsequent trips, or drive the car around while the other took it down.

They had a stack of them and his dad would use them to roast corn over fires then throw them away. When cleaning out his garage a few years ago he said there were only two left (a wooden Tonawanda Creek and Wyoming County). Knowing where I was from and where our cabin was, he gave them to me. 

Maybe me stealing them is a better story...

Wish I could, but real story is even better. I work with a guy from Woodstock who went to college in WNY. He and his buddy had a whole system where when heading home on breaks, they would take them down and leave them, to be picked up on subsequent trips, or drive the car around while the other took it down.

They had a stack of them and his dad would use them to roast corn over fires then throw them away. When cleaning out his garage a few years ago he said there were only two left (a wooden Tonawanda Creek and Wyoming County). Knowing where I was from and where our cabin was, he gave them to me. 

Maybe me stealing them is a better story...

My friends and I just were jerks as kids, I guess. 

It really is a victimless crime. DPWs get a budget whether they need it or not. Might as well make them spend it.

Except for the poor guy who had to remove a Right Lane Ends sign from the bottom of his swimming pool.

(I was 15.  The statute has expired.)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

3 game 7's this weekend. Two tomorrow night. What more could you ask for. The only series that didn't make it to a game 7 was Boston getting bounced in 5. It can't get much better than that.

Vancouver gets screwed by this bizarre scheduling. Demko looked exhausted. Can't ever remember a team having to play a game 7 the next night. If they can win with this watch out for this team in the years to come. 

55 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Vancouver gets screwed by this bizarre scheduling. Demko looked exhausted. Can't ever remember a team having to play a game 7 the next night. If they can win with this watch out for this team in the years to come. 

Vegas is playing the same schedule no ? Both teams got screwed. Apparently the Canucks asked the league to move it to sat. Night but Gary knows best. 

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Viewers get screwed too.  No reason to put DAL/COL and VAN/VGK on the same night and force one into an awkward 1pm pacific start time when Saturday is wide open with no western games.

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

Demko has stopped 91 of 92 shots in two games. He should be tired.

Vegas has been the significantly better team. But hockey.

A Canucks friend at work reminded me that it's not all Demko. Vancouver also removed Eriksson from the lineup after the 5-0 game 1 loss. (And remember, Vancouver was up 3-2 in the third in game 3.) They've been handily outshot, but Eriksson out and Demko in has given them a chance.

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

What a horrid call on Compher leading to that tying Dallas goal..

Horrible! Radulov tripped over his own feet.

And just now Radulov takes another dive, doesn't get the call, Colorado goes down and scores!

Edited by ubkev
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.